Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Would FLEX set up and Interface site?

spopiela
spopiela Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in New Ideas
0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2018
    ?  I do not know what you are asking.
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I think he is asking if Flex will set up a site so that others who want to try a Flex Radio can log in to.

I know Flex has been asked this before and the answer is NO.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I think this is related to his wanting Flex to put online instructions for various programs that interface with Flex. 

I think probably some seat time spent using the programs and forum help with the rough spots of interfacing will be the big help...... Unless of course, FlexRadio Systems wanted to pay me for doing the documentation on all these programs and their interfacing - Just kidding, but I still want my Flex to cook a good brisket for me.....
  • Ian Snow
    Ian Snow Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Serious topic that FRS needs to take action on to maintain the loyalty of those of us who are not IT literate or have an advanced computer background. A very great deal of material on the website does not apply to the latest Series of radios or is outright misleading. There is a need to separate the documentation by radio generation and then vet it to make sure the numerous assumptions are actually explained. There has to be a better way than trial and error for the initiate to figure out how to assemble the myriad ancillary applications required to create a working DX station. Five months in and I still haven't got a functional logging system operating. Too many conflicting instructions by authors who are wedded to one approach or another depending on what they "lucked into". Oh for the days when tech manuals had a Chapter 3-Theory of Operation ;-)
    Ian VA3QT
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    What logging program are you trying to use Ian? Regardless, trial and error is not the way to interface programs on any radio. Read manuals, learn a bit. I liken it to getting a license. Should people have to learn nothing to get their ticket?  I'm trying to keep my comments so as to not upset people, but is there a good reason to not learn how to do this by learning new material? 

Anyhow, maybe I can help with that logging program if you let me know

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Setup instructions would be helpful, and yes many times folks on the community just assumes we all know how already,,WRONG

But to say you can not find the right info or people will not help is just not true.
    Some people will go step bye step with you over the phone.
    And once one understands CAT and DAX everything is fairly simple after that because anything you connect follows the same rout. 

Setting things up is the same for all the radios in the 6xxx, the M models just have a different menu when setting up in the radio.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I try to help. image

#FlexRadio IRC chat

For real-time discussions

SDRgadgets

User created documentation.
              Volunteer!!

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.