Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro lost Internet on WIFI ... connects but no Internet

Rex K0KP
Rex K0KP Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in Maestro
My Maestro reports "Connected but no Internet" when it connects to my WIFI hot spot.  Prior to leaving home for several days it worked great, I turned the Maestro and 6400 off while gone but when I got home this problem was presented.  I wonder why it will connect to the WIFI but not resolve the Internet, all of a sudden? 

I have always had a WIFI booster that extends the range of the WIFI.  I tried connecting the Maestro to the booster SSID rather than the main hot spot and surprise, the Maestro connects and sees the Internet just fine.  The main hot spot has a full bars signal, greater than the booster where the Maestro is located.  So how can the Maestro resolve the Internet through the booster which itself connects through the main hot spot to the Internet, but can not resolve the Internet through the main hot spot itself?  This is sort of maddening. 

Yes all my other devices such as laptops, Roku TV, Amazon Alexa, WIFI thermostat, cameras, and so forth all work great connected to the main WIFI hot spot, but the Maestro lost it's ability to do so.  Yes I have rebooted the WIFI hot spot, the Maestro, and the 6400 several times to no avail.  My laptop running SmartSDR works with the 6400 just fine.  Help please!

Comments

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Your router (dhcp server) is not giving you an IP address. Try rebooting your router?
  • Dennis Daniel KM6DF
    Dennis Daniel KM6DF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Having same problem and have reset router.  
  • Rex K0KP
    Rex K0KP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I have reset my WIFI router several times.  As a work around I went into the WIFI DHCP tab and manually assigned a "preferred" IP for the Maestro and associated it with the Maestro MAC address.  The Maestro likes this and works fine.  But I still wonder why I have to do this to get it to see the Internet.  Seems kind of fussy and no other device I have needs this work around.
  • Rex K0KP
    Rex K0KP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks Martin and Dennis for your observations.
  • Lucas - W6AER
    Lucas - W6AER Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Mine was having some issues as well with the connection and after I did a software update it all of a sudden just worked. Perhaps since it reset something? Not sure, but has been working now fine since.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.