Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X, FLDIGI, F1500 and VAC Audio Issues

DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
I have VAC v4.14 running with two cables set set up.  In PSDR I am using for VAC1 Driver WDM-KS with Virtual Cable 1 on input and Virtual Cable 2 on output.  I can find the VACs in Device Manager, however, they have DAX names with VAC in ().  See attached.  I tried using the DAX name but had issues regarding which pair or even if it would work.  I am running Win 10 using fldigi and wsjt-x which works on on SSDR.  Any Thoughts?

Don - kx9q

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Don 

It appears your DAX devices have stomped on your VAC devices, you might need to remove all of the DAX and VAC devices, then reinstall them, maybe installing DAX first then VAC. I've had these issues before. Be sure to select View > Show hidden devices in Device Manager after a reboot to be sure ALL DAX and VAC devices  are removed from Device Manager before reinstalling any of them. Windows often gets Virtual Sound device creation wrong, and/or mislabels them. If that doesn't correct the device names try again but reverse the order, trying VAC install first, DAX second.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I can remove everything except the VAC files.  Not sure how to remove the VAC app since I cannot find the app in Apps & features.  What am I missing?

Don - kx9q
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Don

Let me do some digging through my PC I should be able to figure out where they might be hiding.
    Maybe you could drop into the #FlexRadio IRC chat channel while your waiting. I keep PowerSDR and SmartSDR installed on a multibooted Win10-32 bit partition, I'll need to reboot to be able to do the searching. 
    If you do join the IRC channel, I may miss you joining, due to the rebooting.
    So wait around till I rejoin.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Don,
    Windows has renamed the VAC devices. Try renaming the duplicated DAX entries to VAC Line 1 and line 2.
    Andrew VK5CV
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Hi Russell

How do I go about renaming these entries?

Don - kx9q
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I also have what are now ghost entires.  See above  picture all but the following are greyed out when I do Show hidden devices:

DAX RESERVED IQ RX 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)
    DAX RESERVED IQ RX 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)
    DELL ST2421L ...
    SPEAKERS / Headphones ...
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Don 

I can show you how to remove those ghosted devices, Find me in the #FlexRadio IRC chat channel when your ready to solve that problem.

Anyone else with Ghosted Devices is welcome to join the IRC discussion. 

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I am on the chat channel.

Don - kx9q

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I got a response from Eugene - VAC author - and I was able to remove VAC - didn't read far enough in his instruction manual for "uninstallation", however, I still have all these ghost DAX Audio under Audio inputs and outputs.  Is there a way to remove these ghosts?

Don - kx9q
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I want to thank Jay, Andrew and Eugene (VAC).  Removed SSDR and VAC.  Reinstalled SSDR and VAC and removed the ghosts and now the F1500 works well with fldigi and WSJT-X.

Don - kx9q

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.