Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to configure SpotCollector to send spots to Flex

Pat N6PAT
Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Third-Party Software
Can someone please post the settings or screen pics of how to configure Spot Collector to send spots to the Flex?

Also, will the spots send be based on whatever filtering is currently active in Spot Collector or are all spots sent?

Thanks

Answers

• Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Pat,
    There's two steps.
    Click on config in the commander window.  Click on the bandspread tab.  Click on 'display calls on the panadapter' in the upper left hand portion of the bandspread tab.
    Then go to SmartSDR and click on settings, then click on spots in the drop down menu, be sure spots are enabled.
    That should do the trick.
    What ever spots make it to spot collector, based on your filtering, should make it to the panadapter.
    Hope that helps.
    Rich - N5ZC
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I got it to work but with limitations.

CW Skimmer can use all 4 IQ channels allowing Spot Collector to display 4 bands at the same time but apparently I can only display spots in SSDR for the current VFO selected in Commander.

Is this how it works or am I doing something wrong?

Does Slice Master have a limitation like this or will it display spots from CW Skimmer on all the displayed panadapters at the same time? Also, does Slice Master have the same filtering capabilities as Spot Collector (certain states, countries, etc.)?

What I'm trying to get is being able to display spots for all of the open slices and be able to filter them differently for each band
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I am able to see spots on open slices.  Make sure you are not filtering out the band in question.   It should show what ever you see in the spotcollector panel.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I can get spots to show on 2 different slices when using the AxB function in Commander but cannot get three slices.

Spot Collector is currently showing spots for three bands 20/30/40 and I have three slices open for the bands but spots are only showing on bands that I choose for VFO A and B in Commander.

I must be doing something wrong or is it limited to only the two bands that are VFO A and B in Commander?
  • Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    hi all
    When I click on Bandspead of the Commander, I get a band map of where the 6500 is. I do not see what you call "Display calls on the panadapter".
    If I click on a spot on the band map, the rig will QSY there, but how do I get the spots to show as callsigns on the panadapter ? 'it is enabled on the Flex.
    Thank youi + 73
    Paul F6EXV
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
  • Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks fo reply.
    Quote part if that link :

On the *Bandspread* tab of Commander's Configuration window,

check the *Display calls on panadaptor* box in the upper-left corner of the tab
    Unquote

I do not have this 'Display call on panadaptor" box. I only have some sort of logo like DX written in red letters, and in the center, I only have the choice of change (not sure what that means).
    See file attached of what that window shows.
    Where can I find it ?
    Thanks
    Paul F6EXV
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    1. what version of Commander are you running (check the Main window's title bar)

2. in the Radio panel on the Configuration window's General tab, what Model have you selected?
  • Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi
    I am using version 14.3.1 and I have chosen SDR-6500 in the Radio choices.
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Is there an errorlog.txt file in your Launcher folder? If so, please attach it to an email message, and send it to me via aa6yq@ambersoft.com

You will get faster DXLab support if you post to the DXLab Discussion Group, of which you are already a member.
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Resolution of this problem: Commander was not correctly configured to connect to Paul's 6500 and as a result could not determine what version of SmartSDR was running. Thus Commander did not offer the option to display the callsigns of active stations on SmartSDR's panadaptor.
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Having the same issue.  Cannot get the spots to display on the Flex-6600 waterfall.

RUNNING:
    Commander  v 14.5.8 (on the BANDSPREAD tab i have enabled "display call on panadaptor"

In Flex Settings > Spots (is enabled)

Running SmartSDR 2.4.9
    Win10 Home v1903  build 18362.592

Can you point me in the right direction?

Rob AK7RM
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    As a first step, Rob, please follow the step-by-step instructions in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FlexSignatureDisplayCallsigns>

If that doesn't get you going, let me know.
  • Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes Sir, 
    I tried that before posting the comment, still no joy!

I can see the DXLabs is communicating with the 6600 because it's following the frequency just fine in the Commander window.
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    OK. Please do the following:

1. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

2. terminate Commander

3. start Commander

4. wait until several new callsigns have been added to SpotCollector's Spot Database Display

5. direct SpotCollector to generate a local spot for P5DX on a frequency visible in your SmardSDR panadaptor, and wait for it to appear in the Spot Database Display

6. On the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

7. attach the errorlog.txt file from your Commander folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersofl.com

• Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Rob Monsipapa, I have not received the errorlog.txt file requested above.

• Rob Monsipapa
    Rob Monsipapa Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I can not get the spot to show on the panadaptor..  Error message: "SpotCollector is not connected to the Spot Source DX Central that you have designated to convey outgoing spots"
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Rob, please follow the 7 step procedure in my post of 1 week ago.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.