Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using a Smart switch for Remote IP 10.0??

Larry Williamson
Larry Williamson Member ✭✭

So—I am new to using any type of remote operations. I thought I needed a way to disconnect the radio in case it locks up or something goes amuck. I have bought one (1) Homemaxs wifi sockets to use for this purpose.

At this point in time I am still trying to connect the switch to the network however it’s be unsuccessful.

I believe the reason for this is because our IP address starts with 10.0?? .

The router is a new ARRIS from Xfinity which supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.

In the shack--- both the Flex and computer are connected directly to the router.

So as it stands right now—any type of smart switch/controller will not work.

Any help from others would be appreciated.

Regards,

Larry

Answers

• Paul Leach
    Paul Leach Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Updated the firmware. I usually do this with ne2 device
  • Buford, W4HVW
    Buford, W4HVW Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    i use the remoterig RC-1216H. It turns the rig on & off and will control the rotor. You can get it at HRO. they have great tech support.
  • Larry Williamson
    edited June 2018
    What firmware are the talking about?
  • Paul Leach
    Paul Leach Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi Larry. Think I may have misunderstood smart switch. I was thinking of a WEMO device (as a **** switch in case flex needs remote turning off) However. I am based in UK and patiently waiting for my 6400 but following the threads in the meantime. Paul
  • Russ K5OA
    Russ K5OA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Do you have a Jinvoo Smart app loaded on phone to control?
    Also you might need to do a port forward on the router?
    I use Power Pro, Iris, and WebControl devices and all work well remotely
  • Larry Williamson
    edited June 2018
    Thanks to rjguidrysr I am up and running. I also rebooted the router. Not sure which solution worked but it's running now!

Thank You
    Larry
  • Russ K5OA
    Russ K5OA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Great that is what counts. Russ K5OA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.