Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Zoom to band

John G3WGV
John G3WGV Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in New Ideas
The new Zoom to band feature is interesting but I suggest that really needs a bit more development to be truly useful.

Most folks aren't interested in the entire band, at least not at any particular instant in time. Some, like me, are predominantly single mode operators and only want to zoom to that part of the band. On 6m the zoom to band is especially problematic because it is so wide.

For all these reasons, I propose that the frequency limits of the zoom feature be user configurable on a per band basis. Icing on the cake would be a to have a number of band zoom sets for different user needs.

Another thought is the ability to set the desired band zoom via the API.

73, John, G3WGV

Comments

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi John,
    There is also a "zoom to segment" feature available that is intended to support your request although it is not user adjustable.  

More on how to access it in this other post below, along with a suggestion to make it accessible from the SSDR screen.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/ssdr-2-3-7-zoom-to-segment-ve7cc-spot-support

Here is a mockup of the addition ---  I like your idea to make it user adjustable also. 

Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    6700 & SSDR-W  V 2.3.7
    Win10

• John G3WGV
    John G3WGV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi Al,
    That's interesting, thanks. The fact that this zoom to segment feature can be assigned to a FlexControl button suggests that there must be API methods associated with the zoom, so I'll go take a look for those - they may let me do what I need via the API.

Most folks won't be doing that sort of thing though and since the zoom option is in Smart SDR then it seems to follow to me that the configuration should also be in Smart SDR.

It would also be handy to be able to lock the panadapter so the band doesn't slide of the edge of the screen when you tune a slice close to an edge. I know that's been suggested before by several users, myself included, and I am a little surprised such a simple request hasn't gained the necessary traction.
  • Mark_W3II
    Mark_W3II Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    FRStack Memories and Modes have an optional setting for Panadaptor width. A Memory sets the frequency, mode, etc with optional DAX, Pan Width, TX and MIC profiles. A mode sets the same except for the Frequency.  While you can not set the specific start and end frequencies it gets you in the ballpark. There is also the ability to select a slice and assign just the Panadaptor width.
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    Scott Russell - N1SER Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    John, I agree with your suggestions 100% and thought the same thing when I first tried the new feature.  I'm not interested in 3rd party software to do this, how do we get this into the dev team for expanded features?

Scott
  • Jeff | VA2SS
    Jeff | VA2SS Member
    edited August 2019
    I’m not using a PC... only a Maestro.... so this futur enhancement should also present on Maestro too!! Hi Hiiiiiiiiii ‼️

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.