Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Glorious Flex AM on 21.430 Mhz

W7NGA
W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in New Ideas
15 meters is dead. Or is it? I see some digital activity and a few CW signals on the low end of the band, so I find myself calling CQ on 21.430 Mhz (AM calling frequency) in full 16khz splendor. Yes, the Flex performs well on AM and it is fun to open the bandwidth and modulate broadly. Sadly, the band does appear void of anything generated by a sentient being and the grow-lights and plasma TV's are not answering my calls.

I'm off to Europe later this week to my apartment in Paris with a month-long excursion through the heart of Italy, but would love to hear a few other Flex's bust thru on 15 meters and give it a go. I'll be calling CQ these next few days and intently looking for an AM spike poking thru the noise floor.

Should you hear the oddest of signals, it is just I, two-tone testing for 3rd order IMD. We need to understand and tweak our systems, and give the Anan guys a worthy charge. And by the way, I think a Flex AM net on any frequency would be a true and unabashed hoot! 

AM is not dead or forgotten!

Give me a shout. I'll surely see your blip on the panadapter ... 73's

W7NGA (dan)
Seaside, Oregon
Flex 6500, Alpha 89, HexBeam (a kilowatt and a birdcage)

Comments

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Not a blip ...
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Where is your place in Paris. Ours is in the 6th near Saint Germaine de Pres. Albeit we are currently in Provence in Sablet for June.
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    We are also near Saint-Germaine-des-Pres (6th) just above Luxembourg on place de l'Odeon. Will be there for two weeks then heading to Lyon, Arles, Marseille, Nice .. the Italian Riviera, Pisa, Florence and environs, and flying back home from Venice. We've done this before - this time bypassing Rome, taking things slower, enjoying the wines, and to explore my nascent interest in watercolours.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    As I said we are in SABLET for June then back to LaJolla for July &August. Then back to SABLET for a couple of eeeks in Sept then ?/ -maybe Italy. For a week before heading back to our place in Paris until October. I know exactly where you are in Paris. I spent the day here biking and win3 tasting. Working DX Remote now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.