Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ios app

2»

Answers

• Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020

It is not hard to run this app. I don't recall having to do anything other than pay for it. I has it installed in the demo mode and it just started working.

Your iPhone isn't jail broken by any chance? Just trying to cover all the bases.

Bill

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Running on an Ipad 6 generarion ios 11.4 on my non internet wifi via router with Ethernet to radio and computers. Hoping to use it from the living room or porch.
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020

OK so you are using Wifi as part of your local network, without access to the web. You just want to connect around the house. I don't see why that should be a problem. You will realty enjoy it once you get it sorted out. Like the others folks said, it works very well. Very solid app.

Good luck Wayne and keep us posted!

Bill

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    ok bill here is what i get when i connect via wifi now that i tirned the ipad vpn off.

imageimage

i cant do anything with that keypad thing on the left in the way what is that?
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    tried a restart here is what i got no panadapter display at all.imageimage Appatently somethings not setup correctly.
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020
    That is for direct freq entry, mode change, several things. You should have a little arrow on that which allows you to collapse it into a small wheel for the VFO tuning to get it out of the way.

Now I don't have a "M" model, but I know if my 6300 is connected to my Smart SDR on my PC it won't let me connect with the Ipad. I have to force a disconnect or have very limited control.
    Maybe someone else can let us know how that works on the "M" models.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Wayne

When you start SSDR for IOS you should get the following screen after tapping the screen

Choose force disconnect which will disconnect the display on front of radio. Then rap in SSDR for IOS, select radio and connect.

Remote control will only show a subset of controls and not work for full remote operation.

Only one client can be connected at a time. A client is the front panel, Smart SDR, Maestro, SSdr dor IOs, Dogpark software.

Dave wo2x
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Dave you get the prize, once i disconnected the front panel it was fine except for the mic levels and i found the ipad mic profile and adjusted it and all the ios default profiles and now everything works fab. I was worried that I might have to actually read the manual ... hi hi Thanks again I was hesitant to disconnect the front panel cause last time I did that it crashed but that was when i was trying to set a static ip. I guess the small tuning knob enabled does not do anything though cause i seen no change on anything when i turned it on. Thanks again!
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Actually a $60.00 dollar card.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Wayne

You are attempting to run multi client with both IPad and Radio screen at the same time.

Currently you can only run one client. Either the iPad OR the radio screen for spectrum display
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Despite the frustration you have experienced, Wayne, won't regret your decision to buy SmartSDR for iOS. It is an amazing App, and Marcus's support is outstanding. Enjoy, Winston
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited August 2018
    **** tax :-)
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    You can't. It's an in-app purchase and Apple takes a 30% cut. 
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My solution to the whole thing is to just use my American Express platinum charge card for iTunes. If there is fraud Amex always deals with it quickly and professionally.  Most credit cards will reduce fraud charges no problem.

If that is an issue get a prepaid card like Bluebird or visa prepaid and load cash whenever you want to do iTunes.

BTW I have had more issues with skimmers on gas pumps than I have with online transactions.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2018
    One reason I pay cash at the pump. :-) Dave
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I meant REVERSE not reduce.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Dave, I like the 4% cashback rewards. :)
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020
    Like someone else said, you are protected with credit cards. At the pump I use my Shell card and get 5 cents off per gallon, 10 when they feel generous. 
    Like Ria, I like my rewards card for monthly expenses. I pay it off in full at the end of every month, and they keep raising the limit, just hoping I will go into debt. Suckers.....
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Bill finally got it all figured out and working fine except the dx cluster i have both wifi and cellular turned on and the dx cluster screen says press start to connect but no start button shows so I guess i will have to read the manual. image
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Howard.  Getting this App working is my Friday evening project.  I really appreciate the way folks on this forum are patient with noobs such as myself.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2018
    We were all noobs at one time ;-) Dave wo2x
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Works fine now. Thanks!
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Well, I got it working.  Connecting my radio to the hub instead of the computer did the trick.  That's the way to do it; you are right.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Has anyone been able to get dexp to work with this? I am using a wired headset. I see mic threshold in settings but dont know what its doing and cant seem to use mon to hear my audio either. Neither is explained in either manual and I have sent marcus an email but have not heard back yet.
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Wayne, I have responded on June 9th via Email and here is, what I wrote:

Both DEXP and MON are not working remotely. Both settings are only meant for the local/direct connection of the Radio. This is a limitation of the Radio, not the App.

I think here is another thread talking about this:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/dexp-not-working

However, I recently added a new mic threshold setting.

This setting can be used to define the audio level where audio data will be transmitted. This setting is useful, for SSB transmission to prevent low background noise to cause RF output. The best way to adjust this value is to switch to SSB Mode, enable the "PTT Push once" setting, press the PTT, ensure everything is silent and look at the panadapter. If you see a peak, RF is being emitted and you need to increase the Microphone threshold value until the panadapter level is flat and no RF is being emitted on silence. The value used to be around 0.5 but that depends on your device and microphone. 

I also responded to your QRZ.com question.

Marcus, DL8MRE

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks, just been busy lately and this has fell to the bottom of the priority list, but thanks for responding so quickly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.