Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Server Unavailable

John K0TG
John K0TG Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
Just got the 6600M this weekend, so I am learning....

I also got a Maestro.  I have that successfully connected to the 6600M on my LAN.  So, I thought I would emulate coming in from the outside by connecting the Maestro to my WiFi Hotspot.  When I try to connect to SmartLink on the cellular Internet, it says Maestro Server Unavailable.  

Is there something I need to see if I can change in the hotspot or are there other issues beyond my control?

Thanks, John  K0TG

Answers

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You are in range of your wifi, so you must connect via wifi. Because you have another Maestro built in to you 6600M, it will ask if you want to disconnect the other (which you do).
  • Steve
    Steve Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    mmm
  • Steve
    Steve Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    sorry that was a test
  • John K0TG
    John K0TG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi,

It works fine on my WiFi.  I was using the cellular hotspot to test the ability to connect to the radio as if I was not home.

At one point I saw something about hitting the PTT to connect, but I was not near the radio (I was upstairs) and I was not sure what the PTT timeout was.  I think I was on the right track there.  But have not found where I was again to try that again.

73, John  K0TG
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2018
    John

You need to create a SmartLink account. Once you create the account you need to register the radio with the SmartLink server. When you do it will ask you to physically PTT or use the cw key to key the radio. This ensures that you are physically in front of the radio and is a security measure to prevent someone remote from ever registering your radio on another account.
    This step only needs to be done once when registering it to your SmartLink account.

If you decide to move the radio to another SmartLink account then you need to repeat the registration with the local PTT.

Last, you need to expand the network section in the SmartLink setup (down arrow to left of Network Settings in SmartLink screen). There is a test button. Click it. If you get a green indication then your router is set to pass the necessary ports. If not it will require either enabling universal plug and play (uPNP) or port forwarding two ports in your router.

This info should be in the SmartLink guide.

If you
    Dave wo2x
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2018
    If you get stuck and need assistance I can help via TeamViewer tomorrow after 4 pm eastern. My email is my call at arrl.net Dave wo2x
  • John K0TG
    John K0TG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Dave,  I was able to figure that out and found where I needed to go to register the radio to the SmartLink account.

The learning will continue!  :)

73, John  K0TG
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2018
    Glad you got it working. Welcome to Remote Operating, Done Easy! Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.