Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

1500 Remote Power Cycle?

Paul - K6HR
Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
I want to use a 1500 in a remote location. I need to be able to power cycle the radio via a relay in case of a hang-up. I notice that simply removing/restoring power does not work, as the radio is then unrecognized when PSDR restarts. Do I need to bypass or rewire the power button on the 1500 or is there a more 'elegant' solution?

Answers

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    You will have to ensure the software closes first then remove power from the flex transceiver otherwise you will get an error. Then power on the flex and then the software.
  • Dan Zimmerman
    Dan Zimmerman Member
    edited January 2017
    Depending on your situation, a small 12V battery could hold the radio power.  A UPS could hold the computer on for a short time.   --  Just another possibility.....
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    or you could r/c off the software with some of the many software out there and then use a mains timer to switch the radio on/off ( the programmable ones with pegs to set the on and off )
  • Steve - AK0M
    Steve - AK0M Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Did you ever actually set up your 1500 for remote use, and how did you address the power control issue?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    Leave the power switch in the ON (depressed) position and turn the 13.8 VDC power supply on and off.
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes. I use a "Web Relay" to manage the power. I can reboot the PC and power cycle the radio using a web browser. see www.controlbyweb.com/webrelay/ 

HTH
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    The only way to reset the radio is to remove DC power..   You have to do this anytime the computer is restarted anyways..   Sometime you can get out of sync,  power down the radio and reboot the computer then bring DC back up on the radio .. 

73,Dudley

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.