Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 6500 and spe2k

on5po
on5po Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Answers

• on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hello everyone,
    After the discussion on the cable DB15 / USB, I ask myself the question, to know if the USB ports of my 6500, are active, since, I am still under win7 with my I7
      flex version 1.9.13.89, I tried version 1.10.12 and 1.10.15, did not work, and everything works fine,
    My question is the cable Db15 / USB connection spe / flex, will it work, the USB port of my flex 6500, does it work ??
    I can not find the USB port in the setting, does not seem to support before version 1.10 ??
    is there a solution, without having to change pc and pass under win 10
    thank you for answering me
    73 on5po, Janny
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    USB cable is not supported in version 1.9. It is only in 1.10 and above. And of course it works with all 2.x versions

This is the wiring for the cable:

(USB) --------> (Amp CAT A)
    Pin 2 (RXD) ------------------> Pin 9 (TXD)
    Pin 3 (TXD) ------------------> Pin 1 (RXD)
    Pin 5 (Ground) ------------------> Pin 4 (Ground)

This is the configuration under settings -> USB cables

This is two cables. You can set up only one:

Make sure baud rate matches the amp.

Set CAT to FLEX or Kenwood on the amp. The difference is that when using FLEX you need to set the power from the amp front panel using arrow keys. You must do this for every power level (low/mid/max) and band.
  • on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hello, Ria,
    Thank you for your answer, but is there a solution with Win 7, since there is only version 1.9 that works with my pc?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Bonjour Janny Tout versions de SSDR Marche tres bien sur mon ordinateur W7. vous n'avez pas besoin W10
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2018
  • on5po
    on5po Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Merci Howard,
    J'ai essayé les version 1.10, chez moi, problemes ,J'ai porté mon PC pour faire placer W10, et j’achèterais également la version 2 de flex ,
    Merci Bon séjour en Europe

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.