Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PowerSDR 2.**** driver doesn't install

Matic
Matic Member
Hey guys, I'm having a problem installing PowerSDR 2.7.2. I completed the installation perfectly as described, but when powering up Windows doesn't recognize the device or installs the driver at all. I tried then also manually uninstalling and reinstalling the driver using .bat files but without success. I tried different USB ports and even different computer :)

I'm running on Win7 64bit.

Is it possible there are any hardware issues with my Flex1500? I have no idea what to try anymore, any suggestions? THX! BR, Matic  

Comments

• Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I'm not sure, but don't the older Flex's use FireWire - (not USB)
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    the 1500 uses USB.
    If you uninstall PSDR make sure all files related to PSDR are deleted, in all the Flex folders. And go to device manager and remove all devices regarding PSDR.
    shut down computer then restart and go back to device manager and make sure all the PSDR devices were removed, If it is all clean then re install PSDR.
  • john doe
    john doe Member
    edited May 2018
    Check out KE9NS web page for the latest on the older Flex systems. 
    https://www.ke9ns.com/flexpage.html#GPLREV
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This info is WAY back in my memory bank but I think this may work for you

The USB driver should be installed before you plug in the 1500. 
    You may have to go into ADMIN mode and turn off Driver signing.

If you have already tried to install PowerSDR I would download IOBIT uninstaller and run it to un install the FLEX PowerSDR and the FLEX Drivers.
    THEN go into safe mode or turn off Driver signing and try installing the PowerSDR package using administrator privileges.
    You can Google "turn off driver signing on WIN 7 64K" to see how to do that.

Be sure to install the Flex program BEFORE you plug in the USB CABLE and radio. 

hope this helps and of course your mileage WILL vary.

73's
    Bret

• Gavin Badenhorst
    edited June 2018
    I had this problem a few weeks ago when the screen froze. Tried to rerstart but the PC would not recognise the device. Ended up having to replace the voltage regulator. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.