Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Best way to remote into another PC in my house?

N8FNR
N8FNR Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a Windows desktop PC in my house that I use with my 6400 (V2.2.8). Have everything working great with the rig, DDUTIL, Steppir and a KPA500. However I would like to use a laptop on our first floor to remote into the desktop so that I don't have to sit in the cold dark, basement where the desktop is. 

Can anyone suggest what would be the best software to use to do this, MS RDP etc? This would only be used in my house and not remotely.

Zack N8FNR

Answers

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    why not just load Flex software on the laptop like I do and use it direct. If you want to go with the remote into the desktop Team View is my choice .

• M Evans
    M Evans Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You can always use Teamviewer, been using it for years and its free for non commercial use.......

M Evans
    K7URA
  • kd5foy
    kd5foy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I have used realvnc and tighvnc for years.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Real VNC or Team View work fine but if you want to hear sound from PC in shack you need Remote Desktop on PC in shack and laptop (requires Pro version like Win 10 Pro on shack PC) .
  • Joel N9LQ
    Joel N9LQ Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I have had good results with Google Chrome Remote Desktop. It’s free, easy to set up, and it supports audio. I can use it from my iPhone, iPad, work pc, and laptop.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Is Team View the same as Teamviewer?
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I vote for teamviewer and work all the programs you need as long as u have the screen size to support many windows. Ian
  • N8FNR
    N8FNR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks all for the replies! Will give Google Chrome Remote Desktop a try.
    Sadly the laptop is Win10 home but my desktop is Win10 Pro.

Zack
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Zach, while the "host pc" for RemoteDesktop needs to be Pro, the client does not. If you set up RDP on the desktop, you will be able to access it using the RDP client that is in all windows versions.

Charlie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.