Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Semi Frozen SmartSDR

Juan TG9AJR
Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a Flex 6600 with SmartSDR 2.2.8 and WIndows 10 Home all up to date and working correctly until this morning that I notice that the SmartSDR was some how frozen or nothing coming in, but SmartSDR does function you can click and change frequency, modes, etc. It shows the radio and is connected to the radio, but like nothing is coming in ?

Comments

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Your on 6 meters right,, That band is quite dead right now,, could the RF gain be turned down? Is it like this on 20 or 40 meters??
  • Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That was just where I took the printscreen, the very same in all bands/modes and actually even do if 6m is dead there should be at least noise at the bottom !
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I figured that was the case, but wanted to ask.. 
  • Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    And yes the coax/antenna is connected.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I don't know if this will help but I've often wondered if it is a stuck relay some place and a tap/jolt of the unit will get it back on the air. Otherwise try a shut down including removing all power to the unit. I hate to hear it went down on you and good luck with it. We miss you out here on FT8.
  • Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks!  I will try that, all do already shut down the PC and the radio both off but power, turn them back on and the same. Yesterday worked as usual perfect on 6, 17, 20 and 30m nothing changed since yesterday and today this !
  • Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If you notice the red S line is measuring about 7 of what... also one of the new updates to version 2.2.8 "the S number" is not showing in this case a number 7 should be but is not there.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Excellent point about the S meter. Another thing to try would be uninstalling the software and reinstalling it. Maybe the PC had a glitch and messed things up. Save all profiles first though. I sure hope someone is able to chime in with a solution.
  • Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I will do that, but perhaps will just wait a bit before un/install SmartSDR or reset the 6600 in case someone ask me to do or see something prior to this. But in the mean time power off unplugged from power and the same, if I PTT the radio will PTT but nothing incoming.
  • K1DLM
    K1DLM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Have you tried connecting the antenna to the other antenna port?
  • Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes, but I think it goes far beyond...
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Juan, this is not a good place to find a fix for this kind of problem.
    Open a Help ticket.
  • Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I did.
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Check the Windows update log. Bet there was an update that broke something.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    This is the right way to handle this issue.  buenas suerte.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Chris I don't believe it is, It seems his problem is more than operator error. I hope not.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    No what I meant is he should open a support case.  thats the way to handle this, this is not normal behavior.
  • Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Then it looks like my dog miracle enough overnight turn on my PC and Flex and made an operator error !

The day and night before radio and PC was working perfect, few hours later this, after both radio and PC where turn off.
  • Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks Chris I did open a support case ticket as it is supposed to be.
  • Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Looks like W5AP has the same issue...
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    es 6600/6400?
    check to see if PEN problem is happening. 
  • Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Is a 6600
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I would recommend reading Gerald's release note on the PEN, to see if your 6600 is affected.  There are some temporary field fixes that can be done if indeed you have this issues.
  • Juan TG9AJR
    Juan TG9AJR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Unfortunately it is affected and I'm awaiting for PEN.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Juan if you have a torx T8, you can open up and see if your ADC heatsinks have fallen off the boards. you can do a temporary repair of zip tieing the existing heat sinks to the adc chips while you await your PEN.  you can use this video produced by flex to do understand what you are working with.. and carefully put the original heat sinks back ON the chips (not the back like the PEN kits.. the originals went on the chips.) then ziptie them into place.  Only do this if you are very comfortable.. its easy to damage components on the ADC boards. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.