Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6700, now all slices slaved to one antenna??

W2PP
W2PP Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I hadn't had this problem and now suddenly I do.  I have a 6700, when I try to have Slice A on one antenna and Slice B,C,D on others, they all **** to one another.  Whichever antenna last chosen puts them all on that antenna.  Dunno, never saw this before.  

Suggestions?
Peter

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    Are the slices all on the same panadapter?

Receive antennas are actually associated with panadapters and all slice in that panadapter inherit the same RX antenna. 
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    You need to put different freq. on different panafall snot slices if you want to use different antennas
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I should have been clearer.  Here is what I have then I'll say what happens
    Slice A 20 meter Antenna 1 panafall 1
    Slice B 80 meters RX B  panafall 2
    Slice C 160 meters RX B  panafall 3
    Slice D 17 meters Ant 1   panafall 4
    Slice E 40 meters Ant 1     panafall 5

Sorry just edited this realized it wasn't clear, these slices are all on different panafalls. 

So, if I change A, or D or E then A,D,E all end up on the same antenna.  I want to get Slice E off on antenna 2 its a multiband antenna  Even if I put A,D,E on RXB the all then go there and I can't unlink them. 

I'm doing something wrong
    Peter
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I just edited the post to make it clearer they are all on different panafalls. 
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I rolled back to 2.033 and the issue remained so its not a platform issue.  Reinstalled latest same result. 

Don't know what else to do here????

Peter

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Peter, I am sitting in front of my 6700 today so if you would like to recreate the issue on mine to see how it reacts shoot me an email and we'll exchange numbers. Good at QRZ. Although I think your slice E is getting associated with the SCU of slice A so you may need to swap some frequencies around on the slices to get the association you desire.
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for some reason its now working, weird but at least its working......no clue why.....
    I'll see how it behaves over the day......
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Awesome!!!
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    This is exactly how the radio will behave.  In your case, ANT-1 is on the 1st SCU and RX-B is on the 2nd SCU.  If you change the ANT-1 on one panadapter, all panadapters associated with that SCU will change their antenna to match.  WHich is what the radio did.

The SCU is associated with a panadapter, not a slice receiver.  A slice is a resource that is dependent on a panadapter, so if you change the slice RX antenna, that changes the panadapters RX antenna.  And the SCU associated with that panadapter antenna assignment will change all other panadapters associated with that SCU to the new RX antenna.

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I hear ya Tim, just keep in mind this gets a bit confusing with SCU 1,2 Pana 1-5 and Slice A-E!!  I'm trying to wrap my head around it, it will take some time, lots of moving pieces here.

Wonder why Ii now got it to work?  That's the part I'd like to understand.

Peter

• Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    Without knowing the exact and complete steps you took to resolve it, it would be challenging to speculate why you were able to resolve it.  The software goes to great lengths to dynamically allocate radios resource in such a manner that the maximum amount of radio resources are made available at any given time and that the radio is not put into a configuration that would prevent an available resource from being used.

It can be confusing, but in general, it handles 99% or better of all of the multitude of configurations the radio can be put in with 2 SCUs, 5 or more possible RX antenna ports and the up to 8 panadapters that utilize the SCU/RX antenna port combination.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.