Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SoftEther VPN install script for Raspberry Pi

Options
2»

Comments

• K1IMD
    K1IMD Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ria,
    It has been a little nuts here at work.  Hate it when work gets in the way of ham radio!!  Anyway, I ran the updated script and it executed perfectly.  I will test it later tonight to ensure it works properly but I suspect it will.  Still no smoking gun on the intermittent connection issues...
    Jon
    K1IMD
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Push come to shove we can try TeamViewer sometime.
  • Mark Burton
    Mark Burton Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi Ria, thanks for the script.
    It worked well once I figured out that eth0 was hardcoded into the vpninstall.sh script, as I am running Raspbian Stretch the interfaces are all renamed so had to tweak it to find the interface. Unfortunately I just hardcoded it, not sure how to fix it properly to make it dynamic.
    Mark

• Mark Burton
    Mark Burton Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

maybe update vpnsinstall.sh to use something like 

for f in e*; do [[ -e $f ]] || continue; echo $f ; done | head -1  
    to get the wired interface and then use that to update commands.in
    bridgecreate VPN /DEVICE:enxMAC:ADDRESS /TAP:no 
    and when echoing
    echo "Hardware address/MAC address:" 'cat /sys/class/net/enxMAC:ADDRESS /address' echo "IP address:"                   'ip addr show enxMAC:ADDRESS  | grep "inet " | cut -d '/' -f1 | cut -d ' ' -f6'

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yep I guess I could do that, but this was just a simple script I threw together because others were asking me to help them get theirs going. I've stopped maintaining it since we have Smartlink and v2.0.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I've really not maintained it all that much, but figured it was due for a minor update. I've updated the version of SoftEther used as well as not hardcoding eth0. I've also made the source code available on github in case you guys want to do your own things with it:

https://github.com/rjairam/softether-scripts

I used Makeself for the packaging. 
  • K1IMD
    K1IMD Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thank you so much Ria... Some of us are still using PowerSDR on older Flex gear and this is just what the doctor ordered!
    73JonK1IMD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.