Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

no response for status of my 6400

M Evans
M Evans Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I've not received a response from anyone as to the status of my 6400 that has been there since last Tuesday(Monday actually). Is there any possibility of finding out if my radio is being worked on and possible eta? I've tried all the other methods of obtaining this info and thought someone might see this and bring me up to date. I would really appreciate a phone call from someone in support. I've never experienced this lack of response from Flex support in the past.

Thank you
Michael evans
K7URA

Answers

• Gary  w8vi
    Gary w8vi Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You received a response from the last time you asked:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/no-updates-or-status-of-my-6400

Why do you need a phone call to tell you the same answer?

I am sure you will hear something in the next few days when everyone gets back to Austin and systems are back to normal. 

You may get a better response by having a little empathy and patience. 
  • M Evans
    M Evans Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'll bet you don't have a radio in for repair. When you do please let me know how you feel with lack of response to my inquiries. I don't mean just telling me that the support staff have taken off a week.. I do have empathy and have had it for a week.
  • Gary  w8vi
    Gary w8vi Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Michael, I recently had my 6600 in for repair with an intermittent issue that took nearly a month to correctly diagnose and repair. It took over a week to receive the first response once received in service.

Due to the staff being overwhelmed with shipping new radios and working on other service issues my first contact was with Gerald the CEO and Steve their head of Engineering. They were filling in to ensure that there would be less of a service backlog. Steve diagnosed the issue and it has been working great. 

I do not think you will find too many other electronic manufactures that will go to the level of "pitching in" when needed to satisfy customer satisfaction than Flex Radio.

Michael, they do care about your radio in for service and I'm sure will get to it as soon as possible. Rapid growth and other commitments like Hamvention do sometimes slow down key processes.

73, Gary
  • M Evans
    M Evans Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I understand where you are coming from and up until last Friday I would agree with all you've said about their support. I quit understanding when I found out they shut down the support dept so everyone could go to a convention. I'm afraid I've never heard of such a thing happening especially since they have a backlog. I have been told the tech assigned to my radio will be back sometime this week. I'm afraid I don't have the resources for a fancy backup radio so I'm basically down and out. 
    Upon reflection I guess it doesn't matter what I think or when I should get back my radio. I've been a loyal Flex user for years but this upsets me especially lack of communication for specifics.
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I called up Flex this morning to ask a few questions and order a 6400M.  They were too busy to talk to me (a paying customer with credit card in hand.)  Kept me on hold forever, never returned my calls.  I've never seen a place that was too busy to talk to a paying customer.  That's a new one.  Never seen a place too busy to talk to a paying customer or return calls.  Is this really how they do business?
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Called back again.  No one would talk to me except a receptionist who couldn't do anything and didn't know anything.  Absolutely incredible.
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I asked to speak to the President or someone in management.  Nope.  Too busy to talk to a mere customer.  This never happened to me dealing with Yaesu.  Never.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hi Roger, they are just  getting back from Dayton. So  considering the travel from Dayton to Texas yesterday evening, there might not even be that many people in this morning.  Regardless, I can tell you some stories about Yaesu's service on a friend who bought their flagship 10K plus radio, sent it back three times at his own cost, and it was never fixed. Ever, and then they refused to fix it.  My dealings with Flex 's service have been only positive.

I don't know why you are so angry, but you're now spamming the list. The list is not Flex, it is Flex's customers. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Give it s break. Maybe you should sell it, go buy one of the big 3 and see how long it takes you to get an answer.
  • M Evans
    M Evans Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I guess I shouldn't say too much more if I haven't already. I would really like my radio back sometime before summer. I will say when I had a 6300 support was really good and rarely had to inquire twice for the status (multiple fan problems). Hopefully if nothing else maybe next year they won't shut down operations completely for the Hamvention.

M Evans
    K7URA
    73 to everyone
  • Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I didn't even know there was a Hamvention till this thread.
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Mr Evans under no circumstances should be being assailed by other customers. 

The worst a company can do is begin an explanation with "we're busy"  Service recovery 101.  He is justified in asking for a status.  Trade shows go on all year long and Flex, like any other company must provide continuous service regardless. 

Suggesting the man go to another company is patently unprofessional and of course it didn't come from Flex.  Flex needs to attend to the MARKET or the MARKET with attend to Flex.  I know they know this, my comment is for those who do not.

Peter

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Michael,

I apologize for the delay.  We had 20 people in Dayton since last Wednesday and most got home after midnight.  This includes people responsible for your ticket.  Thanks for your patience as we recover from the largest ham show of the year.

Gerald
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Your saying it didnt come from flex but you know Actions speak Louder than words. If when I ordered my flex I was treated the same way I would not have a flex now. This type of response or non response is exactly why I do not have a paid version of hrd now I couldnt even get questions answered so guess what I voted with my dollar and went elsewhere.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Wayne, for many it is not so simple. Yes just hanging up and buying another type of radio is one option. how ever, even with frustration and seemingly poor treatment most people understand what they would be giving up going with a different radio. 

People vented their anger here and all is well. And Gerald and co apologized and explained why and what happened, all is good.
    Roger said he didn't even know the biggest ham show around just happened, no wonder he's upset..lol
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Just my 2 cents:

You might want to reconsider the policy of not leaving anyone at home base  when there is a ham show.

Given that you have a number of rigs in for service I would think that would be your top priority rather than a ham show.
    It's always nice to hear of new rigs being showcased by the sales department but is it necessary to have the service department in attendance as well?
    Fortunately my 6700 is humming along nicely but I would be just as frustrated as others if it were in for service and I was told that everyone took the week off especially with a big contest on the horizon.
    Food for thought for next year
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Agree no use beating a dead horse.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    Michael received an update on Monday after the staff returned from Hamvention.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.