Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius shipping?

Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Power Genius XL Amplifier

Gerald posted this on May 3rd.

Power Genius XL Customers,

Today is a landmark day in the development of the Power Genius XL amplifiers. We are excited to announce that we have completed the extended beta test phase and will begin shipments of production amplifiers next week. We have worked extremely hard in partnership with Skysat/4O3A to get the product ready for release with the quality standards you have come to expect from FlexRadio. Please note that deliveries will begin slowly as we will be short staffed for Hamvention this month. With our extensive backlog we expect that we will be delivering existing orders through the end of 2018 and possibly into early 2019.

The Power Genius XL is capable of 1500W ICAS and can maintain full power even in high duty cycle modes such as RTTY and FT8. The Maximum Efficiency Algorithm (MEffA) allows the amplifier to detect the mode of operation and automatically adjust the efficiency to optimize for maximum efficiency for the selected mode. This allows the amplifier to maintain full power despite the mode you are operating in. All of this in combination with the remotability of the unit and the 60 dB port-to-port isolation make this amp a winner.

We are still working to complete the development of the Tuner Genius. We anticipate the arrival of the first test units this month and will move into beta quickly from there. We are estimating a delivery of production units in third quarter of 2018.

Thank you so much for your patience while we worked to deliver one of the best amplifiers available for sale today.

Gerald, K5SDR

Has anyone received an invoice yet?  I know that I am close to the top of the list based on when I ordered more than a year ago on the Friday afternoon in Orlando with a $1000 deposit.  What happened to shipping this week?  I know that Flex likes to hold our money just like they did with my $7000 they had for a year before shipping the 6700. 

Any comments?

Jeff N3VE

See you in Xenia soon.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    What happened to shipping this week?

Your answer was in Gerald's announcement.  

"...We are excited to announce that we have completed the extended beta test phase and will begin shipments of production amplifiers next week...Please note that deliveries will begin slowly as we will be short staffed for Hamvention this month. With our extensive backlog we expect that we will be delivering existing orders through the end of 2018 and possibly into early 2019."

I completely understand that you want your amplifier as soon as possible and they will be forthcoming.  You just haven't been contacted yet.  Dayton will interrupt the shipping schedule because literally almost everyone is at Hamvention and we only have a skeleton staff in the office next week.

You can ask Matt or Michael (Sales) this question when you see them next weekend.
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited June 2020

Tim, thanks for the quick response to my question.  Will see you and the team next week!

Jeff

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Hey Jeff,

I'll be there also. See you then.

Dave wo2x

• Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    It was a general announcement meant to suppress the questions/hounding from their customers during hamvention.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Incorrect!!
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited May 2018

Will be nice to meet you in person, you have helped me a lot.

Thanks,

Jeff N3VE

• Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    Unfortunately, I have not healed enough from my shoulder surgery in March to travel just yet so I'll be back holding down the fort while everyone else will be at Dayton. I should be there next year.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    How long should recovery be?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    Mid summer
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That should teach not to carry a Viking Valiant up three flights of stairs. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    Actually, I was taking the dog out for his nightly business and in the dark, I missed a step walking off the deck and landed on my shoulder with my arm extended, which partially dislocated it and cause the tendon tears.  But I like the Viking Valiant story ;-)
  • Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Well, my injury was more Ham radio related: we had just gotten home for church Sunday and I went to the garage wall (also outside wall of the shack) to throw the knife switch for the 600 ohm parallel feed line when I tripped over the **** eater I had laid down on the garage floor there for trimming after I got home from work on Monday. I fell on my humerus (upper arm ****) and broke it into 4 pieces requiring surgery, 3 plates and a lot of screws, with extended rehab that summer and fall. This was my "Viking Valiant " story. Not quite as cool as a Johnson box, but at least it was ham radio related.

Poor Tim...all the pain and none of the Ham radio glory!

Brad
    KE4XJ

• Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    OUCH!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.