Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Latest Windows update

Michael Coslo
Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Well, the latest Windows update got installed, and SSDR and DAX and CAT all work fine.

Not to get away scott-free, it borked the USB hub and the mouse! Never had that one before. Uninstalling drivers and reinstalling and a few  restarts fixed that issue.

Comments

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I've also had several Windows updates where the PC would not boot with any USB devices connected. Unplug the USB devices and the PC boots fine. Sometimes I feel like a rat in a maze.
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Sometimes this is caused by a BIOS or UEFI setting telling the system to try to boot from a USB device.  Make sure it is OFF!
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Both of you were lucky.  The 1803 cumulative update on Tuesday caused my i7 PC to boot to a blank screen with a spinning blue circular arrow.  I tried to reboot several times and still got no response.  I finally went to safe mode (via a Windows 10 install disk) and attempted to do a system restore, but the restore point was supposedly bad.  Fortunately, I had not done too much with the system (it was early morning Wednesday when this was discovered), so I resorted to restoring the main HDD from an image backup, a 4 hour process from the external USB backup drive.  After reconfiguring a few things, all is back to normal.  I subsequently disabled Windows updates for now until Microsoft figures this out.  Reports from the Web show that was a fairly common occurrence on many PCs running the 1803 April update.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If it were a boot order issue then it would happen every time I boot my PC. It's not that. It happens only when there is an update. But I'll check that anyway. Thanks
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Lucky indeed. But this is just what we have to put up with. If not for my Flex Radio, I would not have a Windows machine. I do keep a W7 and MacOS setup for my Flex so I can have something that is reliable. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.