Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FMH-2 Microphone now included with the FLEX-6600/M and FLEX-6400/M

2»

Comments

• Joe  N9VX
    Joe N9VX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    How will the mic get voltage for the condenser element?

Joe  N9VX
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Same way Maestro does?
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    My bad, I just re-read Tim's original statement.

"The mic will connect to the back of the radio, using the 1/8' mic connector for audio and the RCA PTT connector for keying the radio."

So I will change my question to >>>
    Is there a Yaesu or other mic with RJ45 connector on it that does work with the Maestro?
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for the info David.
    My thought is that the RJ45 will be more stable and less prone to breakage on the back of the Maestro particularly if I am transporting it to a location other than my desk.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited August 2017
    I am using an FHM-2 on my Maestro at work. I also have a Maestro at home which I use the RadioSport Rs60CF headset with the dual 1/8" roght angle connectors on it. I use the M350 electret condenser element on the RS headset. Flex sells a cable that pluga into the Mic1 RJ45 connector on the Maestro. The other end is an RJ45 with boot. This cable will replace the cable ahipped with the hand mic that came with the radio and can be used with either the FHM1 or FHM2. The cost for the cable with the two RJ45s is $12. http://cart.flexradio.com/RJ45-Cable-For-the-FHM-2-and-FMH-1-Microphones_p_969.html Dave wo2x
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I have activated the Bias setting for the FHM-2 for my 6600M,, however the push buttons on the microphone are not changing the frequency?? I looked in the manual but cant seem to find if their is a setting or function that needs to be turned on, as was the case with the Bias..

Robert
  • Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    My Flex 6600 is in the mail, somewhere in Ohio and scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  Will my radio include the new microphone and if not, can I get one?
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    should have it. Mine did - received two months ago.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Should get it with the radio.. BTW, Flex ships using UPS, I dont think UPS delivers ground on a Saturday..
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I have activated the Bias setting for the FHM-2 for my 6600M,, however the push buttons on the microphone are not changing the frequency?? I looked in the manual but cant seem to find if their is a setting or function that needs to be turned on, as was the case with the Bias..
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The FHM-2 microphone is a yaesu microphone and the up/down buttons on it are not compatible and do not operate when using it with the flex radios. It is provided as a microphone only.
  • Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    We'll see :-)  Right now, the estimated delivery date is 5/12/2018 according to UPS.  Around here (Michigan) both UPS the USPS deliver on Saturday/
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Included Bill. Enjoy the new rig.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    That feature is not available using the 1/8" TRS jack on the 6600/6400 because there are no control lines for it to address the frequency change.  That is only available when connected to an RJ-45 or 8-pin Foster mic connector.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    This information is incorrect. 

That feature is not available using the 1/8" TRS jack on the 6600/6400 because there are no control lines for it to address the frequency change.  That is only available when connected to an RJ-45 or 8-pin Foster mic connector (Maestro, FLEX-6300, FLEX-6500 and FLEX-6700).
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the update and the!!
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have a FHM-2 mic that came with my 6600M and want to use it with my Maestro is this the cable I need to use with my FHM-2 mic and Maestro?
    http://cart.flexradio.com/RJ45-Cable-For-the-FHM-2-and-FMH-1-Microphones_p_969.html
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Sorry to be slightly off topic but could someone tell me the model of the mic which ships with the 6700 and plugs into the front socket.  Also, is there an adapter to allow its use in the rear socket of the Maestro?  Thanks!
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Early 6700 shipped with the FHM1 dynamin. Newer ones ship witht the FHM2 electret condenser mic. Contact Flex to see if they sell a cable for the 6400/6600 radio. The cable on the FHM series mics is easy to change. Just pull back the rubber where the cable plugs in the mic. It is an RJ45 connector and there is a tab to release the cable. Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.