Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Recommended Procedure for Installing SSDR Over Existing 1.X SSDR

Bill Roberts
Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Amateur Radio Interests
As we speak, I am tracking my new Flex 6600 toward a planned arrival in Troy, Michigan tomorrow, 5/12/2018.  I currently have SSDR 1.11 (latest version of SSDR 1.X) on a Windows 10 (I7) PC which includes the latest Windows build 1803.  This is left over from my Flex 6300 that is now in Austin as a trade-in.  I would like to retain some of my Profiles, if possible.

Question, what is the recommended procedure for installing 2.1.33 or whatever.  Should I do a Revo Uninstaller delete of 1.11 first?

Question, Is there a directory where I could find, save and reimport the profiles left over from my 1.11/Flex 6300 era?  Will 2.1.33 just install over 1.11 and retain my old profiles?

Thanks in advance to all in the Flex Community.

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You can simply create a folder and name it so you know where your profiles are saved. Save to that folder or were you know were to find it.
    SSDR does not really install over old versions, it installs a new version. That is why we can switch between versions when we want. Many of us just keep older versions on our computers without having any problems.

If you still have the profiles files saved, just load them back in on your new radio.
  • Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks.  Where are the profiles stored (do you have the pathname?).  In the past (with a Flex product on my network) I've simply used the SAVE PROFILE function to write the existing profiles to an alternative safe location on the computer.  Now, I do not have a Flex product on my network.  I have looked under User/Bill/AppData, etc. but could not find a clearly marked profile folder.  If 2.1.33 is anything life previous upgrades, it will install as you said and recover the profiles from the previous version.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If you open profiles, it will tell you were the file is. Go ahead and try saving one, when it does you will see the path. 
    I see, you want to know the default place for profiles? I am not sure were that is.
  • Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks.  Where are the profiles stored (do you have the pathname?).  In the past (with a Flex product on my network) I've simply used the SAVE PROFILE function to write the existing profiles to an alternative safe location on the computer.  Now, I do not have a Flex product on my network.  I have looked under User/Bill/AppData, etc. but could not find a clearly marked profile folder.  If 2.1.33 is anything life previous upgrades, it will install as you said and recover the profiles from the previous version.
  • W4TMW
    W4TMW Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Bill, I saved my profiles in .....
          C: Program Files > FlexRadio > Flex6300 Config_Bkup files
    I think that's the default location. (Win 7)

I'm also waiting for my new radio....when did you order yours? I haven't received my "invoice" yet.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ok as long as you know were they are, every once in a while I go to the folder and delete profile files and re save them just to stay up to date with any latest changes I'v made.

I wish,,, I did not order a new radio. I am still using my 6500. Not having an M model makes it hard to help others as I don't know as much about them as I do SSDR for Windows
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If you EXPORTed your profiles before you sent your 6300 back, you may IMPORT them to the new radio from the same folder you exported them to.  If your did not export them, your out of luck, the profiles are SAVed in the radio..  

On recent versions of Windows you may not be able to ( should not) save files into C:Program Files
    folders ( WIndows security feature).

Profiles created, saved and exported with previous version ( V1.xx ) should import and load with new radio and software.

AL, K0VM
  • Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    That's what I was hoping/expecting.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    They are stored where you save them using the Profile Import/Export feature in SmartSDR for Windows.  You pick the location.  The default is your desktop.

This is described in detail in the SmartSDR for Windows User Guide V2 (either version, it is the same in both)
  • Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I "ordered" as in put in a verbal request for a Flex 6600 on April 25 from our Florida QTH.  Mike said it would be 3 - 4 weeks.  I shipped my trade-in 6300 on Wed. May 2 from Michigan.  It was received Monday, May 7.  Got both a call and email from Dawn on May 9 saying I had two choices (a) Order a 6600 "now" and get $1100 (plus $200 when the 6300 passed inspection) or (b) Wait until the 6300 passes and immediately get the full trade-in amount.  I selected "a".  Right now, the radio is in Maumee, Ohio and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow 5/12.

Today, I received an email from Dawn saying that my 6300 had passed inspection so I'd get the full $1300 toward the 6600.  I was hoping to have the new radio by early June but on 6600s, I guess they're caught up.

Good luck to you.
  • Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    We spent Nov - April in Florida where I only have an IC 7300.  I only powered up my 6300 long enough to make a few Qs, ensure it was working and pack it up for it's trip to Austin.  I had been backing it up to a separate directory/file but that was 5 - 6 months ago.  I'll have to look.  If I have to recreate a few things, I think I'll live!  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.