Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius XL ship date?

Butch
Butch Member ✭✭✭
Can we expect the Power Genius XL amp to ship at the same time as the 6400/6600 transceivers?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    The PowerGenius XL amplifiers will be shipping after the new FLEX-6600(M) and FLEX-6400(M) radios start shipping.  We are still testing and tweaking the amp for optimal performance.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    My friend has received his Invoice and paid full for his 6600M so the assumption is that it is shipping...  Here I sit, and I paid $1000 for the PG XL back in February '17, and in the top 50 (was told #35) and NADA.  Not sure if that agrees with Tim's answer.

**** - N4RWG
  • Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    ****, What’s your PGXL order number?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    ****, the radios that went out this week are going to more testers. The rest of them ship in 2 weeks.
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Is the order number shown anywhere on the invoice?
  • Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    No, it is shown on your original order confirmation e-mail or if you log in to your account and look at the original order here: https://flexradio.3dcartstores.com/myaccount.asp Should start with AB-11###
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hopefully I'll live long enough to get mine! :)  Order AB-14461, ordered 12/10/17.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Matt,   Why do you ask?  AB-11703
  • Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Trying to gauge my place in line. I thought he had said I was around 40, but my order # is AB-11623.
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I was told at the show I was 50 - 53.  Then a month or so back a rep from Flex let it slip I was around 70.  That was one of the many disappointments that I  have experienced.  Hope this Amp is worth the $7K

• Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    They added people to the early ship queue (testers) who hadn’t ordered early which skewed order numbers back. The amp will undoubtedly be worh it. Flex and 4O3A both make a mean product.
  • Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    AB-11835...Ordered 3/6/17...Eagerly waiting, even salivating....
    It WILL BE worth it!

Brad
    KE4XJ
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Brad - assuming PG-XL order numbers are fully sequential, our order numbers are 2,626 apart, from March to December of 2017.  If that's the case, I sure hope 4o3a is planning for large production runs. 
  • Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    That would be cool! Unfortunately order numbers are sequential for all items flex sells, so in there are the orders for radios, flex knobs, maestros, rack kits, etc.
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thinking we can’t extrapolate PG-XL numbers out of order number sequences without knowing how the sequence works? Is the sequence being looked at reserved for any one use? Is it a hash including other information or incremental in order? Or done in pools dependent on perhaps order source or another criteria? Ranko 4o3a has quite an operation, and what we’d imagine as large runs might be business as usual for his plants. From the build quality of the PG-XL in my shack right now, they have world class capabilities. Really glad you all have reservations as I think you will be impressed with the Amp in the end. That is if impatience doesn’t do us in while the product and software are made ready! 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    lol
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Good point Matt.  This gives me hope my PG-XL order number will get filled this year. 
  • Brad A. Steffler
    edited January 2018
    Ralph - I am SURE your order will get filled this year and probably very soon. Both Flex and 4O3A want that invoice to go out and, better yet, be paid this year - and soon!

Brad
    KE4XJ
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    What Steve said is more or less correct. They had a parts shortage at one time which has been addressed. The only thing left is the fine tuning of the software which is being done. I would not really put a time frame but I don't think they want to keep people waiting too long. I was privileged to see the first production units arrive in Austin and being tested for Bouvet and of course have been testing one at my shack. The amp is pretty darned excellent. However, SmartSDR especially with the new radios and the integration needs to be fine tuned. So this is naturally a process, but it is proceeding well.
  • Brad A. Steffler
    edited November 2019
    Since I have a 6700 like Ria, I am confident that the fine tuning will make the PXGL and the 6700 REALLY PERFORM together. Thus, I follow her comments closely. Since I am still building my SteppIR DB 18E and since the flu put me down for a week, it looks like I will be finished  with the antenna and ready for the PXGL about the same time that it is ready for me. I am prepared to be amazed...

Brad
    KE4XJ
  • Rick W7YP
    Rick W7YP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Yeah, I feel your pain.  My order number is AB-14447, covering the amp and Antenna Genius.  If I'm lucky, I figure the amp might arrive in time for my birthday in 2019 and possibly the Antenna Genius in time for my 70th birthday in 2020.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hopefully we will get an update soon.  Gerald said a little over 2 weeks ago that the testing should go on for another 2 weeks.  I am coming up soon on my year anniversary on my order.  I am really surprised it has taken this long but I guess they must have run into issues.  I'd rather get an amp with the bugs worked out so I guess it is good but if I'd known it was going to take over a year to get it I would have purchased something else.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Burch, the issues are good issues not problems, As Gerald said they found a few things that will improve performance. That is what the new work is along with testing.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    Testing is going well in one regard and that is our testing team has really put the amp through a multitude of operating scenarios that has stress tested various subsystems of the amp.  Some of the tests would not even be ones that a ham would do with the amp.  The alpha team is doing exactly what we asked of them and it has generated exactly the type of results we have anticipated.  This has resulted in a better and more robust amp design than the initial builds but at the expense of time.

The finalization of the hardware is close, as the project manager has indicated.

When we get to the next step of deployment, there will be an update from the management team.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Last week (about May 3) Gerold issued an update that updated, those with deposits, on the new Amplifier delivery status. I am wondering if any one with orders has received an invoice or has been contacted in any way. As of today May 10. I know I will not be the first. September was my order month. But would be good to know when the spirit opens.....
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Good luck with it and let me know if you need any pointers.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'm sure as soon as anyone receives one, they would post something about it.  Obviously its not quite ready to ship just yet.  
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I have seen a couple saying they have their invoice, Bad timing for Gerald and shipping week with everyone getting ready for hamvention.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    True, that’s why I was curious. I really don’t expect much till the end of May.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.