Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M: non-responsive "A>B" button

W8QB
W8QB Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Regarding the "A>B button located between the two VFOs on the "M" series radios: according to the manual, this button copies settings of the A Slice to the B Slice.  In my experience operating a 6400M, pressing this button occasionally works as intended; but far more frequently, pressing the A>B button has absolutely no effect on the slices.  Have others encountered this issue?

Answers

• mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes, it seems to be same here, please report it as a bug
    Mike
  • W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I'm confident Tim will respond to this thread over the coming days.
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Mine seems to work but I am still trying to figure out the B VFO as a RIT/XIT when slice B is not active or present.
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Go into the Menu and choose Front Panel, then enable Use VFO Knob for VFO A Rit/Xit.

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Go into the Menu and choose Front Panel, then enable Use VFO Knob for VFO A Rit/Xit.

• W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks Jim, but on my radio this did not resolve the problem.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    W8BQ - I cannot reproduce your problem description as provided. 

Here is the behavior I observe and it is 100% reproducible.

If Slice A (VFO A) and Slice B (VFO B) are displayed on different panadapters and they are on different frequencies, pressing the A>B button (short press) the Slice B frequency will change to the Slice A frequency.  

Pressing the A>B button again will have no effect.

-----

If Slice A (VFO A) and Slice B (VFO B) are displayed on different panadapters and they are on different frequencies, pressing the A>B button (short press) the Slice B frequency will change to the Slice A frequency. 

Pressing the A<>B button (long press) will swap the Slice A and B frequenciesPressing the A<>B button again will have no effect.

-----

If Slice A (VFO A) is displayed and Slice B (VFO B) is not displayed and there is only one panadapter shown, pressing the A>B button (short press), a Slice B will be created, offset from Slice A by the frequency offset that is defined for when a slice is created (the amount is dependent on mode). 

Pressing the A>B button (short press) again will make the frequency of Slice A and B equal with Slice B being shown because it was the last slice to change frequency.

-----

If Slice A (VFO A) is displayed and Slice B (VFO B) is not displayed and there is only one panadapter shown, pressing the A>B button (short press), a Slice B will be created, offset from Slice A by the frequency offset that is defined for when a slice is created (the amount is dependent on mode).  

Pressing the A<>B button (long press) will swap the Slice A and B frequencies.

• W8QB
    W8QB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hi Tim.  Your explanation describes four scenarios involving functionality of the A>B button.  For the latter two scenarios, my experience mirrors yours; although for scenarios 1&2, my radio does not perform like yours.  On a related note, page 141 of the user manual notes that "A long press of the A>B button swaps the A Slice and B Slice settings;" but nowhere on page 141--nor anywhere else in the manual--do I find any remark about using a SHORT press to swap the two panadapters.

At this moment I have two panadapters running on my 6400M, one set to 20m, the other to 80m.  When I short-press the A>B button, it has no effect whatsoever.  Likewise as of today, a long-press currently has no effect whatsoever.  This is a mystery, because on several occasions on previous days, the A>B functionality does occasionally work...but not always.  I have submitted a ticket online containing a video to document this curious behavior observed on my 6400M.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.