Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Latest Power Genious XL news

Patrick
Patrick Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Power Genius XL Amplifier
Power Genious update Power Genius XL Customers, Today is a landmark day in the development of the Power Genius XL amplifiers. We are excited to announce that we have completed the extended beta test phase and will begin shipments of production amplifiers next week. We have worked extremely hard in partnership with Skysat/4O3A to get the product ready for release with the quality standards you have come to expect from FlexRadio. Please note that deliveries will begin slowly as we will be short staffed for Hamvention this month. With our extensive backlog we expect that we will be delivering existing orders through the end of 2018 and possibly into early 2019. The Power Genius XL is capable of 1500W ICAS and can maintain full power even in high duty cycle modes such as RTTY and FT8. The Maximum Efficiency Algorithm (MEffA) allows the amplifier to detect the mode of operation and automatically adjust the efficiency to optimize for maximum efficiency for the selected mode. This allows the amplifier to maintain full power despite the mode you are operating in. All of this in combination with the remotability of the unit and the 60 dB port-to-port isolation make this amp a winner. We are still working to complete the development of the Tuner Genius. We anticipate the arrival of the first test units this month and will move into beta quickly from there. We are estimating a delivery of production units in third quarter of 2018. Thank you so much for your patience while we worked to deliver one of the best amplifiers available for sale today. 73, Gerald K5SDR

Comments

• Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I am pleased to hear about progress with PG XL testing.  Is there some progress with implementation of pre-distortion concept?  Will the new PG XL users be able to use the pre-distortion  concept in their amplifiers or they need to wait for further updates of SSDR?
     And finally- how is the CE certification progressing?
    Tom,
    SP7WT
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Well, can’t help but laugh, no one seems to have noticed the latest update from Gerald! Sent last night out in e-mail.......I REPRINTED IT IN MY POST.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Easy to tell. You spelled GENIUS WRONG
  • Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Thank you Gerald for the update.  I as well as the many others are looking forward to the day the Amp arrives and goes on line.  In addition looking forward to meeting the Flex Team once again at Dayton.  Thank you!

Richard - N4RWG
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Great news!
  • W9SN
    W9SN Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I'm on the list!  Awesome news!
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Sorry not perfect....
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The capability for adaptive predistortion is not in the current GA of SmartSDR. I do know that engineering has (publicly) indicated that it is something they are actively working on, but release date is TBD.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    It will be well worth the wait. I am honored and privileged to be one of the very early alpha test team members for this amp and I can tell you that there is not a minute that FlexRadio and Sky Sat engineering haven't been working **** getting this product "just right." We had several top contesters, DXers and rag chewers putting the amp through its paces, giving it unforgiving punishment... especially dual CQ with SO2R at legal limit - and it didn't even break a sweat, especially on CW and digital modes. For SSB I've run it nightly on rag chews and it works fabulously with CLEAN signal reports, even without adaptive predistortion (which by all indications is down the road sometime). I can truly say this is absolutely the best amp I've had in my shack. 
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Awesome! As an “add-on Alpha” I’ve been exceedingly impressed with my PGXL and with general release have a second PGXL coming for my Island QTH. The development team is fab! They have worked so **** the PGXL. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Also, as an "add-on Alpha tester" the PGXL ..... has performed exceedingly well in my shack. Everything I hoped for.....
    Tm
    Wa5yom
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'm looking forward to seeing "I got my PG-XL Invoice" posts soon! 
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Congratulations are in order.  Well done Flex.  I didn't get an email not sure why.  I hope the antenna tuner isn't to far behind.  Once again well done.
    Peter
    W2PP

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.