Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Version 2.4.0 of SmartSDR for iOS available

ThisUserDoesNotExist
ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
edited August 2020 in New Ideas
I have just released a new Version of SmartSDR for iOS that contains the following changes and bug-fixes:

■ Aligned with the latest FlexRadio SmartSDR Version 2.x
■ Improved slice touch / moving capabilities
■ Optional display of the S-Meter or dBm value in slice flag
■ Split mode now back working again
■ Wrong Antenna selection fixed
■ Now ATU is only available if the Radio has an antenna Tuner included
■ Bandmap IARU changes are now regarded without App restart
■ Further improvements for the iPhone X
■ Parts of the App have been rewritten and the App was ported to Swift 4 which results in additional speed and stability improvements

Also, a new Feature (Tool) has been added:

■ Voice Macro to record and playback recoded voice (e.g. for calling CQ or responding with 599)

This App is still backward compatible to Version 1 of SmartSDR or can run with the latest SmartSDR version, including SmartLink.

The next update is already under development.

Marcus, DL8MRE
9 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Voice Macro 

Stop button not work

73 Chris
  • Matt NQ6N
    Matt NQ6N Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Marcus -- Great work. I really love the app and am extremely impressed by how it offers the clever design of SmartSDR in a way that works so well on a small screen. 

I have one small feature request.  I would like to be able to choose speaker vs headphones without having to go into the menu and scroll. I think a toggle button to select speaker vs headphones should be right near the mute audio button.  

Please take this suggestion with an appropriate grain of salt. 

Matt NQ6N

• Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Are you aware It’s not in the Apple store currently? Thanks for keeping up a great App. Watts K4QJZ
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I upgraded this morning, from the Apple Store. Ted VE3TRQ
  • Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    V.2.3 is the current version visible here in the US as of 15 min ago. Sometimes I understand versions of software originating in other countries take time to migrate to other Apple App stores in other regions. We will try again tomorrow . I searched for both the App and tried checking updates, version 2.3 only. Thanks for the encouragement that it must be it’s in route.
  • Manuel - W4SSB
    edited June 2020
    I just updated to 2.4 in the US.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    also did update at 20:15z....4:15 est
  • Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Clearly an Apple issue of some sort, 2.4 still not showing on the store/server they have me on, just checked again. Thanks for the info, I’ll contact Apple.... Watts K4QJZ
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Just downloaded 2.4 on my iPhone and iPad.
  • Tony Taddeo
    Tony Taddeo Member
    edited March 2020
    Thank you for your ongoing work on your app. Would like to report a critical bug - Bluetooth headset no longer works with SmartSDR for IOS. V2.4. I have tried two different headsets and both are no longer available for selection when running SmartSDR for IOS even though device tethered correctly to the device and works with other applications. Regards Tony VK5TT
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I confirm that Bluetooth does not work with the APP
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    When I ran the old version it automatically asked if I wanted to upgrade. I did not have to use the Apple store.
  • Ron W4RDM
    Ron W4RDM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ditto: Bluetooth headset not working with the update 
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for reporting this Bluetooth issue. I found the cause and just sent an update 2.4.1 to Apple.

I did introduce a new larger receiving buffer which increased audio quality while using the internal speakers but they seem to be too large for the smaller Bluetooth packets. This can now be disabled and is disabled per default.

Hope they will release it soon.

• Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Thanks Marcus for the great work. Can the app still keep radio on while needed to logg into web browser for other tasks? I use iPad Pro and this is a little tiresome as it works today. Or am I misstaken myself?
  • Tony Taddeo
    Tony Taddeo Member
    edited April 2018
    Thank you Marcus. Great product, great support.
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    edited April 2018
    Hi Kari,

yes, there are two solutions for that:

1.) In the App Settings set "Disconnect on close" to OFF. This way, you can leave the App, it continues in the Background and the Radio connection will not be closed.

or

2.) Use multitasking / split view so you can have SmartSDR for iOS and your Browser Safari side by side and use both even simultaneously

Below is an Image where I showed Mike, VA3MW how this would look when using my App and Safari side by side with his Remote Control unit.

Thanks everybody!

Marcus, DL8MRE
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    edited December 2019
    Ok, version 2.4.1. has been released yesterday, a few hours after I sent it to Apple. That was quick.

I have tested that version with the Parrot BT Headset, with a Logitech 800 and Apples EarPods. All seem to be working well now. Also Voice Macros can be recorded with all of them.

To solve the BT problem, I added a new switch in the settings called "Large Buffer" which needs to be turned off for some of the Headsets.

In other cases, where the headset works with it or if you use the speaker, you may want to switch "Large Buffer" on because this will reduce the possibility of audio dropouts. That was my intention why I increased the internal iOS Audio buffer size, not expecting that this may cause these BT problems.

Please, all of you who had these problems, please try again with 2.4.1. and let us know if it works.

Thank you all,

Marcus

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.