Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

S9+ Noise on all bands in all modes

Paul W5PF
Paul W5PF Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My radio is the 6600 running SSDR V 2.1.32. This morning the rig was working fine. I left it running and this afternoon I saw a station spotted that I wanted to work. I found that I had S9+ noise on all bands and all modes. Some strong signals were visible on the waterfall. When I disconnected the antenna the signals went away but not the S9+ noise. I have nothing connected to the radio except power and the ether net cable, still have the noise.

I have another radio which works fine with the same antenna with no noise problem.

I have shut down and restarted SSDR and I have rebooted the radio with no change.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks,
Paul W5PF

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Is your WNB on. I had the same problem tonight with my 6300. Turned off WNB and it went away
  • Paul W5PF
    Paul W5PF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Thanks Steve. Tried that but NB and WNB have no effect on the noise.
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Paul, was your reboot on the radio a factory or just turn off and on? Also ck your power supply. It could have failed.

Roy - W5TKZ
  • Paul W5PF
    Paul W5PF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Roy,

I have not done a factory reset, just shut down radio and turn off power and then restart. 

The power supply is good.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    If a factory reset does not resolve the issue, then I think you need to open a help desk ticket..
    ( I had the same problem ).
    Al, K0VM
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  Please respond using the HelpDesk ticket for issue resolution.

If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

• Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Me too but on a 6400M. Did a factory reset (actually several) to get it to clear. Now I have problems with my transmit audio. Not sure if it is related but I think it may be. I have a help desk ticket open already.
  • Paul W5PF
    Paul W5PF Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    RIck,

My radio is back at FLex for repair. They suspect a problem in an SCU.

Paul W5PF
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    My 6600 is going back to Flex for SCU issue as well.

• Kurt Zwerger
    Kurt Zwerger Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Have your problem been resolved?I have a new Flexradio, bout just 1 week ago with the same symptoms.

Best regards.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.