Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SO2R: Power meter shows output for the wrong slice/panadapter

Andy - KU7T
Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am running SO2R with N1MM+ and SmartSDR on the radio (not computer). Panadapter 1/ slice A is on 14.026, PA 2 / slice B on 7.032.  I am calling CQ on slice A and the power goes out on the right ANT/slice, however the second's slice power meter shows also 100W. Both meters for the slices show 100W. Very confusing, as a quick glance on the rig may indicate that the wrong slice is operating...

Am I doing something wrong or is this by design?

Thanks,
Andy
KU7T

Answers

• Bill - W9KKN
    Bill - W9KKN Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The output power/SWR meters on the Maestro (or embedded Maestro) are not slice-specific on transmit. The s-meters for each slice, on the other hand, are.
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    That's what I figured. I do not understand the reason, but I can live with that. Thanks Andy KU7T
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I find that very handy! I can show swr meter on one side and power meter on the otherside. Great feature good job flex!
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Maybe I do not fully see the whole picture here, after all I have had my 6600M for only 4 weeks...

Since you cannot receive and transmit on the same slice the same time, I would assume the same meter position would be reused for power meter on transmit. It is not intuitive to me that on transmit on slice A, the meter of slice B is showing the power for Slice A. As I said, I can live with it, but would really like to understand why you find it handy.  

Thanks
    Andy
    KU7T
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    There is only one transmitter and one power output meter.  You can select different meters on the B slice so I suspect that is the meter you have selected.  Tap the meter to change it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.