Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 PWR-SPKR Jack

I'm using the PWR-SPKR jack on the back of the 6400 to go into my mixer. What I've noticed with multiple 3.5mm stereo cables (TRS) is that when the plug is pushed all the way into the jack there is no audio. I have to pull the plug out just a bit to get the audio out of the jack. Seems like the contacts for the jack are not aligned properly. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Answers

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Check your stereo plugs. I bought several from Asia and I was having the same results. The quality control on their manufacturing left  a lot to be desire.
    I have not had any further issues after buying from reputable State side companies.
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    Scott Russell - N1SER Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    No... when I say a little I'm talking around 2mm... all my plugs are the same length. Maybe the jack is made in Asia and needs it's tolerances checked.

What have I bought? Can't use NB or WNB and the audio jack is... well... jacked up. How many other things am I going to find?
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    In my experience, the "cheaper" Asian?? 3.5mm plugs are physically skinnier than 3.5mm. I avoid buying clones and counterfeits, A connectors job is basically to Connect. Out of spec imitations, might save you a few pennies, while providing extra trouble. If you are careful, you can get what you paying for. If your careless, it's a crapshoot.

73 - NO5J
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    edited April 2018
    It's not the diameter of the plug, it's the length, when the plug is seated into the jack, no audio, pull the plug out about 2-2.5mm and you have audio. All my plugs are the same length just like the ones that came with my Elecrafts and Heil adapters.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ok, it could be an out of spec jack socket too. If you haven't yet ...

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Support

You have the same Satisfaction rights as everyone else does. image

73 - NO5J
  • Scott Russell - N1SER
    edited April 2018
    Helpdesk ticket opened. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.