Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Connectivity

Art - N4QNT
Art - N4QNT Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in Maestro
When using the Maestro away from the station via SmartLink like I would my PC Laptop or IOS device (iPad) say in a hotel room with a very good WiFi connection, can I use the Maestro stand alone? Say link into the WiFi and control my 6400??

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited November 2019
    Yes, the Maestro was designed specifically to access any FLEX-6000 family of radios using SmartLink.
  • Art - N4QNT
    Art - N4QNT Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thanks Tim
  • W3EX -- Tom
    W3EX -- Tom Member
    edited April 2018

You sure can. I spent the month of March if Florida and remoted into my 6500 daily back to PA.

The Maestro works great as a remote unit. It would be helpful to have a way to turn your home station off and on remotely as well. There are many ways to accomplish that.

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    IIRC Maestro still does not work for"Enterprise" networks, where you need to give both a username and password to get access to WiFi. You may run into this at some hotels, schools, etc.
  • Art - N4QNT
    Art - N4QNT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello Tim, just to touch up your answer, so when I want to use stand alone at my favorite Hotel's I should of mentioned when signing in on the Hotel Guest Web page when I choose the quality of service and sign in with the username and password for the Hotel WiFi connection, how do I do that on the Stand alone Maestro???

Thank you,
    Art
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Martin,
    Apparently that is why I can't connect to my 6500 in Louisiana from my Maestro here in a rented condo in Florida.  I just put out a post about that.
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Martin,
    Apparently that is why I can't connect to my 6500 in Louisiana from my Maestro here in a rented condo in Florida.  I just put out a post about that.
  • Charles - K5UA
    Charles - K5UA Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Martin,
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    With the current version of SmartSDR, there isn't the capability to interact with a web-based captive portal for logging on to their network.  Some hotels have the ability to manually configure a devices network access by using it's MAC address.
  • Robert Kearbey
    Robert Kearbey Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Tim I am at peppermill hotel Reno Their WiFi is strong And maestro connects. However can’t see my radio. Turned my personal hotspot on my iPhone and maestro to iPhone and everything works great. Will this problem be solved shortly? It is for this very reason I bought my maestro. Is it because “web-based captive portal.?” Which I don’t understand?
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Robert or Anyone of the Flex Experts Can not get my Maestro B to work via a Hotspot from My IPad with my Verizon Service Can Signin my hotspot but see no radio I see it with iOS SDR on my iPhone and iPad Fine and can access my flex6690m fine My question which nobody has clearly answered Can I use a Maestro at McDonalds, Starbucks Or CoffeeBean successfully When I try I cannot login due to the Splash Screen Is the answer there is no way to do this Dead Silence from FRS on this subject 73 Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.