Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

When I start the SSDR CAT program (either the auto start when i start the computer or manually) it g

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

When
I start the SSDR CAT program (either the auto start when I start the computer
or manually double clicking the Icon) it goes directly to the SmartCAT log in
screen. I can not get to the normal screen showing the port configurations. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling SSDR but the result is the same. Any suggestions would be appreciated. (screen shot is attached).

Comments

• NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Superficially, it looks like there are no radios in your LAN (local area network).  Without getting into a lot of network questions, is your radio turned on? (Not meant to be a snarky question).

If not, then turn the radio on.  It should show up in the CAT radio chooser.  Choose it, and CAT should connect to the radio, then go to the port configuration screen.  Once it has connected to a radio, by default it continues to choose that radio even it if isn't available on the LAN.  That can make it look like CAT has made a connection to the radio, when it hasn't.  It's a bit misleading, I think.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2018
    First off, The SmartSDR applications are "thin clients" and do almost no processing that affects the performance or connectivity.  Reloading SmartSDR applications is usually a fruitless endeavor because the issue is not the software itself, but an external factor or a configuration issue.

I suspect a different radio connected to CAT previously.

To fix this, in SmartSDR CAT, there is a hidden option you need to change.
    • Open the SmartCAT application and on the message Radio Not Connected in the upper right-hand corner, do a right mouse click
    • There are two options shown. 
    • Uncheck both. 
    • Now when CAT starts, you will have a Radio Chooser to select your radio. 
    If your 6600 is the only FLEX-6000 on your network, you can check the On Startup, Auto Connect Last Radio option and the Radio Chooser for CAT will not be displayed.

• WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    "If your 6600 is the only FLEX-6000 on your network, you can check the On Startup, Auto Connect Last Radio option and the Radio Chooser for CAT will not be displayed."

Will this work for 6500 also?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    A 6500 is in the FLEX-6000 family, so yes, it will.
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    That's the problem when I open SmartCAT it goes directly to the log in window. I am in south Florida trying to operate remotely and my Radio shows that it is available but I cannot connect to it, and I can not get to the CAT radio chooser window. I am returning to Tennessee tomorrow so I will take the problem up when I get homeimage

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.