Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Problems

Mike Steiner, K7QDX
edited June 2020 in Maestro
2 issues. First is for some reason it can’t find the radio. Now of course I’m traveling and I was able to log in into on Monday. However when I was using it on Monday I think I just power off the maestro or the internet drop on it. Would this cause the problem? Second is I’m at a hotel which has a splash screen for getting internet. For some reason it’s not coming which makes me think I’m not connected. Side note: the first problem of not finding the radio I tried the meastro on different internet sources and still no luck.

Comments

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Can you use your phone as a hot spot??
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    First is for some reason it can’t find the radio. Now of course I’m traveling and I was able to log in into on Monday. However when I was using it on Monday I think I just power off the maestro or the internet drop on it. Would this cause the problem? 

No, it would not.

Second is I’m at a hotel which has a splash screen for getting internet. For some reason it’s not coming which makes me think I’m not connected. 

This is called a captive portal and the MAestro does not have the capability of spawning a browser to respond.  Some hotels you can give the device MAC address to the hotel IT staff and they can put it on a whitelist that does not require using a captive portal. Unfortunately, this is a chicken and egg deal because you have to have the Maestro connected to a radio in order to access the menu where the MAC address info is located.
  • Mike Steiner, K7QDX
    edited April 2018
    I can and have done in the past and it worked. However now I’m having the problem of not finding the radio.
  • Mike Steiner, K7QDX
    edited April 2018
    Will this possibly change? I got logging into a different internet source and still the same result. I was able of log into smart link but it doesn’t find my radio. Suggestions? Also now my maestro is clicking every 2 second S or less. Sounds like a relay or two.
  • Mike Steiner, K7QDX
    edited April 2018
    Figured out the clicking. Result of low power to the maestro. Plugged in the power cord when I thought it was already plugged in fixed that. Still have the issue of not finding the radio. I know there is internet at home since I’m seeing my weather station.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2018
    We have a feature request to add the capability to access the Internet via a captative portal login for the Maestro.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Can you remotely power down the radio and then power it back up? 
    Sometimes when mine locks me out all I have to do is get into my WEB power switch and dump power and power it back up.
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Mark G Thomas
    Mark G Thomas Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    One work-around for the captive portal is to temporarily set the WiFi MAC address of your laptop to spoof that of your Maestro, then with the Maestro off, use the web browser on the laptop to get past the captive portal.

-Mark Thomas KC3DRE
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited April 2018
    I didn't want to break out my hacker hat:-)

Thanks for posting.
  • Mike Steiner, K7QDX
    edited April 2018
    You can mark this resolved, it appears that I have a power outage at home. When I finally got back home the radio was off and clocks where flashing. 
    I somewhat thought so after I was digging more into my weather station and it was last reported in on Tuesday at 6am. Explains why Monday worked and not Tuesday. I guess i need to find a good UPS or a better electric company.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.