Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TX Menu

Tom W3FRG
Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
On the TX Menu there are the "Mic:" and "Tx:" selections.
How are these two used?
Are they for showing the current selections or for selecting the Mic and Tx options in a Profile, or in creating a Profile?
If used in creating a Profile, where or how is it saved?

Tom W3FRG

Answers

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Tom I am not absolutely clear on your question but it seems to be related to Profiles.  This link will provide you with a wealth of information on each type of profile Global, Mic & Tx and what setting go along with each of them.

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-profiles-how-to-guide-pdf/

There is also several pages in this document that you can use as a guide that show all settings saved by each profile type.  You will want to read pg 71 thru 76

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-software-user-guide-pdf/

Sorry if this does not answer your specific question.

John
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    John,

Tnx for the reply.

On the TX Menu, the "MIC: & TX:" selections appear to be only used to select the available options.
    However, when changes are made, they do show up with the " * " notation, but I see no where that you could clk on save?

I have read the documents suggested and also watched numerous YouTube videos on creating Profiles.
    They all appear to use the SmartSdr on a PC, not the display that's on the "M" Models. Possibly that's all that was available up until last year.

My problem is I follow to the letter watching the videos, but I cannot get the power levels on the "TX" profile to change for different bands for my amp. It is always the same for each band, I can't get it to change to the different levels/band required.
    Maybe just a naming conflict?

I'm sure its a simple nit that I'm making, but I need to find out exactly what it is.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Tom W3FRG

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Tom what type of amp are you using and what are you using as the CAT communication between the amp and the Flex.  I use a SPE amp and I set the CAT as "FLEX" in the amp.  Then the correct preset power output on the Flex is set automatically by band.  This is very important in my case as I have a SPE amp that requires only 6 watts to generate 1300 (full power) output.  The last thing I want to have happen is for the Flex to start driving the amp with 100 watts.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Tom to save the profile on the M model you have to go thru the MENU.....Profiles.....Save...etc
    I know it is not very convenient.
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Agreed. 
    Been there done that.

Tom W3FRG
  • Tom W3FRG
    Tom W3FRG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I understand your concern on controlling the Pin.
    I'm running the German Amp Kit, RF 2K+, and each band is a different input power for legal Output.
    I typically use either the Universal for RF Detection or Dxlab for band tracking.

Tom W3FRG

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Tom see your email.
  • Phil Fisher
    Phil Fisher Member
    edited April 2018
    John,
    I have saved both tx and mic profiles, but when I return to boot up the "mon" functionis not as saved.
    Phil W5NT
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    That is because once you change the mic or tx profile and save it you must return to the global profile that uses that mic or tx profile which you just changed and resave the global profile to update it with the one you changed.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018

Profiles 101 ... Page 50 of 165 SmartSDR Version 2.1.30 Manual 29 Jan 2018.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.