Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

heil proset elite headset adapter for 6400M

KB4OIF
KB4OIF Member ✭✭
Looking for the adapter that will allow me to use my Heil Proset Elite headset with the 6400M.  The plugs on the end of the cable is 1/8 inch plugs.  Gray one has 1 ring and the black one has two.  Do these plug right into the 6400M.  i.e. mic and speakers.

Answers

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    If it has the hc6 element like my proset has it plugs in direct and works fine but no mic bias used.+20db on. My gain is set around 60.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Be sure to get the mic plug in the mic jack and the phone plug in the phones jack.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It cannot be the proset elite ic that is for icom and will not work without an adapter
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    OK which one is which.  I """""THINK""""" the black one is the mike????????
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The 1/8" mono plug is the microphone plug.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Wayne.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The gray one is the mike and the black one is the phones.   Seems to do very well but tried for about an hour yesterday.  40 meters was crazy. No one stateside on 20 meters, one very weak station on 17.  will try it on the net this morning.  
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The guys said it sounded good on the net this morning.  40 meters was in bad shape.  Seems to drive the flex a little harder with the same mic gain setting.

• John Andrew Gehring
    edited September 2018
    What is used to key radio?
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Foot switch John.   I think.  Notice what I said.  Combinations from 5 months ago aren't registering right now, I think it is a afoot switch.
  • AA5NM
    AA5NM Member ✭✭
    I read all this but still i have the question about the Heil Pro 7 headset for Icom (blue headset) and want to know what is needed to be able to use it on my soon to arrive FLEX … i don’t have the radio yet to see, so am asking if anyone used this combo?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.