Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remote Control question

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have been trying to find the cheap Digital Loggers AC Sense Relay on Amazon but no matter what I enter as a search parameter I can not find it listed. Can someone tell me how it is listed on their web site. $8.95 sounds like the relay I'm looking for to control the remote jack on my 6700.
Thanks in advance, Al, N4AB

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Al, yep, I agree.  It is gone.  It is even listed on their web site, but no way to buy it.

I posted this a while back which might make a cost effective Plan B and it gives you 3 other relays.  I went this way as getting all the Digitial Loggers cool stuff seems to be very very expensive when you have it shipped into Canada or purchased from amazon.ca.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/a-cost-effective-web-relay-control

This is what it looks like (I have 16 relays on mine)

At my remote I use iHome switches and Wemo switches, but I am going to toss them all into recycling as they are not 100% reliable.  The iHome ones are amazingly bad as they totally disappear from the iHome app for about a week so you can't control them.  Then, they magically show back up.

I called iHome about it and they said to just unplug it and plug it back in and it will reboot and fix itself.  Great I said, but it is 100 miles away.  Grrr

Mike va3mw
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    You can easily build your own. Find a relay with a 120 VAC coil, such as the 1885-1371-ND at Digikey. They are about $12, and you will have to put it in a plastic box of some sort for safety. Not nearly as cheap as the Digital Loggers unit, but should work. Note: Digital Loggers still shows the relay on their web site, and says single units are available at Amazon, so I would hope that they will be back in stock at Amazon soon. It is a nice unit -- I have two of them, one for my Flex-6500 and one for my (hopefully) soon-to-arrive Elecraft KPA1500.

Craig, KØCF
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    https://www.digital-loggers.com/

This is there official site. 
    Bret
    WX7Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.