Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Digi Filters

np2g
np2g Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
Running DIGU with flex's fine receiver there are times that is often difficult to find a blank spot. Present filtering from 100 to 3K  is great however using filtration on  (PSK31 Receive  ) if  one can go to 50 HZ it will  enhance this reception .

For those who have not ran DIGI modes PSK31 is 31HZ wide and the addition of any filtration on your center frequency enhances the copied signal .

Suggestion :
On the display you presently display AM . A great place for that 50 HZ Filter selection . 

Comments

• Bob - G3WKW
    Bob - G3WKW Member
    edited September 2014
    Well when running WSJT-X it would be nice to have a button for 4 k bandwidth to see the JT9 at the same time as the JT65. I guess the question is which of the bandwidths could be sacrificed and I guess they all have their purpose?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I use DDUTIL macro to set bandwith to 4k
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    It is too bad that we can't adjust like the 1,500  3,000 , 5,000 series filters. Any filter any size
    Then this wouldn't be a question . 
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    You can adjust SSDR to any size.. in fact it seems easier to do so than in PowerSDR

But what he is asking for is a Preset value at 4K for JT65/JT9
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Given the processing power in WSJT-x and other applications, would narrowing the radio bandwidth to 50 Hz really help? Seems it would me more a hindrance in most cases where the wider slice makes it easy to follow activity. I'd gladly give up the narrower options in DIGI-U/L for a 4 kHz choice, especially if it could also open the TX width to match.
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    George It helps running PSK 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    It is on the to do list
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Great , Thank You
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes it helps, especially when a strong signal in the wider audio passband activates the AGC and reduces the level of the extremely weak ones. The narrow filter will keep the strong ones out of the passband.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Since I last viewed and commented on this thread 4 years ago! I have learned that I can turn AGC off and adjust the level so that I get 30 to 40 on the WSJT-X scale when it is quiet. I must turn the slice volume down, but the rig has sufficient dynamic range for WSJT to decode well unless the receiver overloads WSJT. In that case, I simply turn the AGC level down until the strongest signals stay below 80.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.