Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Some great YouTube videos on profiles and using full duplex to eq mikes

WK2Y
WK2Y Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
This is praise not about my 6500 (not enough space here to do that) but about YouTube videos, by Al, K0CN on using and managing profiles and by Ken, NM9P on using full duplex to adjust microphone equalization.  Very clear informative presentations that are definitely going to help me get more out of my rig and provided greater insight than I could get from the manuals.  If you are still confused by equalization or profiles, or think you might not be taking full advantage of all the 6000 series has to offer in these area, take a look at those videos. My thanks to them and all those who take the time to share their knowledge.
Bob, WK2Y 

Comments

• WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    How about a link?
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    That might help ;-)  

NM9P:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzT1qDKKySk

K0CN, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32tPr1hF7Ys

Both have a series of videos so if you just search for their call sign there are these and a whole lot more.  
    Bob, WK2Y
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yea both those guys do a stand up job. !

Ken is kind of a troublemaker :)  but makes great videos. haha

Rich

• Paul Lourd
    Paul Lourd Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I watched the profile one, excellent!  I still find it a bit confusing that you have to go through all the bands and hit save. I would think if you wanted to set a mic profile, you could configure all the audio settings and it would apply to USB, LSB on any band.  Maybe I still mis-understand, but getting there!
  • WA2SQQ
    WA2SQQ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for sharing
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Per the manual when you make a MIC profile its associated with the mode, so, if you make one up for SSB then it sticks and is the same for all the bands.  hTH
    Peter
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Correct, the mic profile will remain associated with the same mode until you use another one.  Then it will always use the new one. 

You can have multiple Mic Profiles for each mode, and different profiles for different modes - i.e. FM, SSB, RTTY, DiGU/L, AM, SAM, DV, etc. can each associate with a different Mic Profile.

This is one of the really neat aspects of the Flex 6000 Series.

Just remember that Mic Profiles, Transmit Profiles and Global Profiles are different things.  

If you find that you mic profiles keep changing when you load a new Global Profile, it is because the Global Profile also saves the Mic Profile in use at the time it was saved.

Ken - NM9P
  • Paul Lourd
    Paul Lourd Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Ok, that is what I was hoping. I mainly work SSB and digital modes and create a global profile for each band/mode  I operate on. So if I select the correct mic profile, then save the global, all should be good when I recall that global. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.