Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Received Maestro, SmartLink setup?

DL4RCE
DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
Hi all,

couple a month ago I ordered the Maestro and 6600. The Maestro arrived and I am really eager to test it.

I thought that I could setup SmartLink and probably get an account from someone to have the Flex experience as I have never owned one and really want to have hands on experience before I get my 6600.

I downloaded the v2.1.33 and ran it. Unfortunately I do not see a "SmartLink Setup" button. Is this behavior to be expected? If I cannot setup SmartLink w/o a radio in my network I guess I can not use it right now, given the case someone would have played me around a little with his Flex.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards

Volker. DL4RCE.

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If you have a friend with a 6000 series FLEX take your Maestro over and connect it to his network and login into his flex radio and then you can setup SmartLink on the Maestro 
    then go back home and using HIS login and password you can connect and use his radio using SmartLink.

This is done as a security thing for the FLEX radio owners. 

You must use the same version of firmware on both the radio and Maestro for them to talk so he will need to be on v2.1.33 like you have your Maestro on.

hope this answers your question.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi Bret,

thanks for the answer, understood. Let´s see if someone does have a Flex in my area. Unfortunately it is not as popular as in US (do not know why...). So chances are not that good :(

Volker, DL4RCE.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.