Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for Windows mute 6600M internal speaker

Tom Wilkinson
Tom Wilkinson Member
edited March 2020 in New Ideas
Using SmartSDR 2.1.33 with FLEX-6600M V2.1.33.106.  When I am using the radio's audio I would like to use headphones with no external amplified speaker plunged in.  Using SmartSDR on the PC, when I click the speaker mute icon it will mute an external speaker, but if using the internal speaker it will not mute the internal speaker. 

Can the 6600M be updated to mute the internal speaker when the mute icon is clicked on SmartSDR for Windows in radio audio mode?  Or am I doing something wrong or have I overlooked a setting?

Thank

Tom, N8FDY  

Comments

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    first
    go to 'menu' then 'audio' and disable front speaker
    before starting ssdr for windows

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Yep I agree seems like an upside down way to do things (hi hi)
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    yep...

did that on purpose just to get attention ;-)
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Actually on the smartsdr upper left corner under settings there is a radio tab i believe it is and if you click on it one of the boxes says front speakers and beside it is a button labled enable click on it and it goes ro disable and the radio speakers turn off but i think only if your not using pc audio through your computer if i recall right.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.