Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Multiple WSJT-X working but band indicator is RED

Wim
Wim Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have multiple WSJT-X instances running on my 6600 like I did on my 6500 before.
I use the WSJT version provided from WO2X with the hamlib changes to support the new radio models.
I'm using the TCP port numbers different per-slice.
First instance completely works fine, second and third instance work fine to read the frequency of the slice, transmit and receive audio but the band indicator is shown in red and the drop-down button to set the band is empty ..

Has anyone seen this, and what might be the issue ?
Clicking testCAT or testPTT also works fine.

Answers

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Check you have Frequencies saved in settings
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Interesting .. the two other instanes have those frequencies list in settings empty
    for some reason... the first instance has 120 entries there... will see if there's an
    easy way to copy them over...

But that seems to be the issue indeed, thanks for pointing that out
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    In the instances with missing frequencies, go to Settings / Frequencies, and right-click on the frequency list. You will see a "Reset". Clicking on that reset will repopulate the frequency list for you.
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    repaired it by copying that frequency list from one .INI file to the other
    section named FrequenciesForRegionModes="@Varian..."
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    ok, that's probably the easiest repair...  maybe my INI file got corrupt and that list disappeared.. a bit weird .. but up and running again now. thanks for the help
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    There was a release candidate or two of wsjt-x that lost the frequency settings some time ago. The same technique was recommended to fix that problem, so this carries over to running multiple instances quite nicely. Also gives you a way of reverting the the "standard" setting for frequencies if you have been experimenting.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I'm Glad you're Back in Business

Cheers!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.