Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Low RFI wall warts?

2»

Answers

• Steve - K6SRS
    Steve - K6SRS Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Have been looking.  Hard to tell which ones are linear.
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I think my friend Steve needs to bring his Flex to my house for a few years and I will test the problem. He can use my 3000.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You really only need to think about the voltages that some devices need. The amps is just what all devices draw all together.
  • Brad Johnson
    Brad Johnson Member
    edited November 2019
    can anyone recommend a USB hub with a lot of ports i can nail down on the desk and run one cable to the laptop with ?? the coolgear.com stuff looks pretty solid but not sure about RFI...
    ko6kL   Brad (a t) Valleymedia.org
    also have found MANY 12volt to USB car phone chargers send RFI to the point of hearing it on weak FM broadcast stations. 
  • Michael Wheatley
    Michael Wheatley Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I've got 15-20 wall warts and bricks in my radio/computer shack.  Almost all of them are either 5v or 12v.  I'd like to replace them with one 5v quiet linear power supplies and use my Astron power supply for the 12v devices and rewire the connections to the devices.  I'm not an electrician or an electrical engineer -- is this possible, simple?  If so what should I buy as a 5v linear power supply (link please).

Michael -- KM6LHD
  • Kevin N9JKP
    Kevin N9JKP Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I too would like to find a 5vdc linear power supply. The Jameco ones are only 5 watts.  I was hoping to find one which might be 10 or 20 amps at 5VDC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.