Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro not logging in remotely

AH0U
AH0U Member
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have gone as far as my limited understanding can take me.... I give up The Maestro works great on my LAN but trying Smartkink for a couple of weeks of steady frustration has not made it work....it sees the radio... it disconnects the home station... it asks for which software but after loading I see the two meters at the top of the screen but nothing else.. when I look at the NETWORK screen it says Network status... OFF... lm lost

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Have tried the Smartlink setup? Click on the Smartlink setup bar and click on network settings. click on the  blue test bar. After a few seconds it should indicate a green circle. If it's red, you are not communicating with the smartlink server.

• Mike Heitmann
    Mike Heitmann Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I’ve had a similar problem since updating to v2.1.32. I can not connect remotely with my iPad or PC. I went thru the process of unregistering an re-registering the radio, that part worked, but if fails the link test. The circle comes back red. My router required manually port forwarding when I originally set it up, I suspect the router has forgotten the port forwarding or it assigned a new IP address to the radio. It works fine on my home network, I have not had time to run it down, and I don’t operate remotely that often, so One of these days...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    SmartSDR v2.1.30 changed the MAC address of the radio.  This was noted in the Release Notes.  Since the MAC address of the radio changed, if you were using a statically assigned DHCP IP address, then the IP address of the radio did change.  Since you are using manual port forwarding, you probably need to reassign it to the new IP address of the radio.
  • Mike Heitmann
    Mike Heitmann Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I missed that, it probably explains everything.
  • Mike Heitmann
    Mike Heitmann Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    That was it, I reassigned the necessary forwarded ports to the new IP address and remote access was restored. I’ll read the release notes more carefully from now on.
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Can you change my birth certificate and SS# as well?
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Sure...   Poof!  you are now 30 years older and still waiting for your Flex 12000  :-)
  • Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yay Tim
  • Dave
    Dave Member
    edited March 2018
    I have had a similar problem getting the Maestro or a PC to connect remotely thru the internet. I don't know whether this resulted from upgrading to V2. 1. 32 or getting a new modem and Router to make my home network quieter since my Maestro was giving me VFO problems which I still have not solved.
    I don't completely understand this because I'm not a networking guru but I have a modem which has within it and internal router (combo). I also have an external router from Gateway. When I hooked the two together the result was that I had 2 local area networks in my house both of which  transmitted and received wifi. I originally thought this was a bonus!
    I couldn't get the UPnP program embedded in Smart SDR to automatically do port forwarding so I called up Gateway to help me open the appropriate ports. They connected themselves with my computer and did the appropriate port forwarding.
    Unfortunately this did not work. After about 4 hours working with Gateway one of the supervisors figured out the solution. The way I understand  it since I had 2 routers in line before the radio, the radio essentially was on a subnet of my home network and because of NAT this "subnet" address (the gateway routers ip private address ) was hidden. also although the ports were open on the Gateway router the router in the modem did not get any information about this so a bridge had to be constructed and the router in the modem had to have the ports opened. When I get home I'll review the release notes on the V2.1.32 and always remember to check whats really in my modem!
    If someone who is a networking guru can give me a better explaination please reply

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.