Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RemoteQTH and Rig Control

AA0Z
AA0Z Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Looking to remote my 6700 and use RemoteQTH as the brains of the operation for remote on, antenna switching and other stuff.  

I've seen a YouTube video on how someone got the QTH server to connect to a Flex via USB and follow band data for automatic antenna switching, but doesn't really explain how it was setup.  That's what I'm looking for.

There is zero documentation on the web on how to accomplish this, even on the RemoteQTH forums, there is only a few posts regarding connecting a Flex.  I'm wondering if anybody in this group uses RemoteQTH to get band data from their Flex for auto switching and how you specifically set it up?

If you don't use RemoteQTH, what do you use to accomplish this?  Green Heron?  4o3a IP switch?

Answers

• Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi, I use the USB to BCD cables to connect this cable to the BCD input of the 4o3a antenna switch. Most switches accept BCD coded steering.
    I run a fullly remote operated 6700 with no PC at remote radio end. You may also connect the 4o3A antenna Genius switch to the 6700 over LAN and then steer it with a local PC which have the Windows applicaton över a VPN tunnel between local PC and remote radio LAN.
    73s See at my blog http://remotedxandcontestblog.sm0hrp.se
  • IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi Kyle,

I read just now your message. I was able to connect RemoteQth to my Flex 6300 and now I can control the whole station from my web browser. In the last weekend I added support for Prosistel rotator control via RemoteQth.
    If you still need it you can go on this post or you can send me an email. What is your issue?

Regards, Enzo
    iw7dmh

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.