Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400 CW power out only

Dan KG0AQ
Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
This has been an ongoing issue since I received my 6400 a few weeks ago. Running 2.1.32.
I have not been able to consistently replicate this problem but it happens too often.  I can be running SSB, Digital or CW previously. I power down the software, come back at a later time and the only output I can get is in CW mode only. SSB shows Mic level readings but NO output. SSB tune mode does not show output. If I switch to CW all works well. Back to SSB and NO output. This has happened maybe a dozen times. The only remedy for this issue is a reboot of the radio.  Please advise!

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Many times, unexplainable erratic issues are attributable to RF getting into the radio. If you have a dummy load, I would go through the same routine and see if the problem persists. Also, you might just reduce your power output substantially and observe the long-term results.

Jim, K6QE

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  Please respond using the HelpDesk ticket for issue resolution.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Just in case, and without removing focus from getting the best possible support with the HelpDesk Ticket, can you make sure that either ANT1 or ANT2 are selected (in RED) as the TX antennas and not XVTR? Good luck solving the problem!
  • stevenab
    stevenab Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Dan,

When you boot up and have this problem, double check you Mic profile.  Just another place to keep an eye on.  

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Steven's advice is good. Ensure your TX bandwidth is enough to pass the audio you're trying to use.
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I have checked all the antenna selections and in fact tried to transmit into a dummy load on antenna 2. No dice.  I have also checked mic profiles and selected others with no help.  Remember in my original description, the mic level meter SHOWS audio activity when talking into mic. But NO output. Switch over to cw and both tune and output power is fine. Thanks for the tips and I'll wait for the helpdesk report.
  • Ed W2MKM
    Ed W2MKM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Gents, just unboxed and powered up my 6400 and rx and cw work great .. not yet futzing with digi modes but tried the FHM-2 mic to see what kind of SSB contacts I could make and zero power or audio apparent .. went through some of the permutations noted above .. no dice here either .. 

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Make sure the bias voltage is selected for the FHM-2 since it is a condenser mic and you have the correct audio input selected.
  • Roberto EA2CNU
    Roberto EA2CNU Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The same thing happens to me. Any solution?
    I use version 2.5.1.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.