Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Waiting but wondering for my 6400 ...

Gary L. Robinson
Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
When I ordered my 6400 I was told I was on the list for the 2nd batch of the new radios that would be made.  I was told it would perhaps ship in January or February.  I assume, that since the first batch has not shipped yet, that mine might not be shipped until March, April, May or later.  Does that sound like correct thinking?  In any event I will wait.  And be patient!

---Gary WB8ROL

Answers

• FISHULA X
    FISHULA X Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
     Gary, I know waiting sucks however. Flex is the best. I have a 5000A and I can't let it go. I love it. If Flex  released  there new radios without being 100%, there would be huge problems. In the past as you know, the big 3  release the radios and most are great but, some have been some  real hum dingers, For them we are there beta testers. If you have an issue you send it back and wait wait wait. Then you have just learned the hard way.
     Flex has a to be one of the best SDRs out there. You know this, that's why you ordered it correct? And I would bet dollars to a donut that you have owned a Flex before. There will be no wine before it's time,  Hope it comes soon, and when it does,
     you be happy as a lark.. 73 from w8nvc
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I detect a change in the Force. Something is coming.
  • Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I also ordered a FLEX 6600M last August and already paid the total amount and I still don't know when I will get the FLEX 6600M. Wolfgang HB9RYZ
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Sure hope you're right George,
    Really hoping they ship before Bouvet goes on the air.
    This is an important DX entity to me and I am sure many others out there. Have already missed at least one "new one" since trading my 6300, I really regret doing that so soon.
    Fingers crossed, thinking wonderful thoughts... Sorry, to Gary. My order was placed on the first day so hoping to see it soon. You will be blown away by the experience and pleasure these radios bring.
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    we do not discuss on quality of flex product we discuss on time waiting fro new radios
  • ik2egl
    ik2egl Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hi 
    I ordered a new 6600 to the new distributor in Italy. I already paid for fix it. But still I (and he too !!!!) do not know when I will be able to have the radio on the shack

I hope flex will take into account with prority the foreign orders

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Gary

We don't discuss individual orders on the Community.  Feel free to call the office today to discuss on the phone.

73 es HNY

Mike 
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I ordered a 6400 but when I fund out what they wanted to give me for my 6300 with a tuner I did not send my 6300 in. I asked what I was to use before I received the new rig and heard silence. For what they wanted to give me for the rig I decided to keep it as a spare so when the new rig has to go in for repair (like the 6300) I will not be without a rig. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    It's always good to have choices.  No other radio manufacturer offers a radio buyback value proposition for their customers.
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited February 2018
    A trade-in deal is always cleaner/safer and less hassle, but like trading cars you're likely to get more through a private sale. Flex rigs also maintain a higher percentage of original value than just about any other rig.  List any 6000 series Flex rig on QRZ or QTH Swap for what you've got to have for it & you'll likely have multiple inquiries within a few hours of it being posted. 
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited February 2018
    There's been some bumps in the road but the radios (first production run) began shipping the last week of January. I ordered mine (a 6600M) on 06/23 and just yesterday (02/19) got my Invoice which indicated it would likely still be another 3 to 4 weeks before I get the radio. That translates into mid-March.  Patience is a virtue, have it if you can.  I did have the opportunity to play with one last weekend at a friend's house & can verify that it will be worth the wait.
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Gary,

I asked the same question kinda.... I too read there were gonna be batches.....

Gerald posted that it wasn't batches and that the company that's assembling them is almost next door and it was more of an continuous production.... I forget wording( the post is gone now) but it was if I remember correctly the assembly place had other jobs going on also so maybe sorta continuous.

Maybe Gerald will correct any misleading if ive done so, certainly not on purpose.

What would be good is a posting where people put limited info when there's arrives:

Ordered:
    Paid for:
    Shipped:
    Received:

No posting till you have all 4 lines to add dates

The problem is everyone will comment, I think some people have no life and then it will get so lengthy and hard to read then someone will call someone else **** in one of many fashions then there's a fight and the post all disappears.

• K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Ok I found Geralds post, ive copied exactly same as original. Post didn't show when I first looked.

@K5ROX

David,

I can clarify a few things relative to your questions but not all.  

We outsource manufacturing just like most companies (e.g. Apple, Dell, etc.) do these days.  Our contract manufacturing ("CM") partner is 1/4 mile from us in the same industrial complex so I can be there in less than a couple minutes.  Our partner builds products for many customers including some well known names.  We are one of their top revenue customers and are fortunate to have a very close working relationship.  

We provide our CM with a 12 month rolling forecast updated monthly that they use to plan materials procurement and production.  Technically there is no "second batch" because they are now building to our forecast.  However, we initially gave them a large build commitment before we announced the new radios, which quickly sold out.  We received a very large number of orders within the first few weeks of announcement that we are working through now.  Once we work through that initial backlog, the order date sequence will pick up momentum.  We expect to get a fairly constant flow from the factory until we catch up with the backlog.  

As stated previously, all models are shipping in volume.  As with any new product launch, there are learning curve issues that have to be worked out.  The biggest issue we are working through currently is to get the correct product mix from the factory to match our order sequence.  They are committed to working this issue with us and have already taken steps to do so.

For competitive reasons we will not provide more public information.  I will say that we are estimating that we can ship new radio orders before the end of April.  Today at the factory I saw PC boards that have gone through assembly and initial functional test that should go into final assemblies within that time frame.   The PCBs are built and tested well in advance of final assembly since they all have to come together at the same time in the correct mix.  

FlexRadio and our CM partner are working diligently to ship your radio as soon as we can.  It is in our mutual best interest to do so.  I respectfully request that everyone refrain from contacting us to ask "When will I get my x?" unless you think there is some problem with your order.  The communications volume (phone and email) is taking time away from team members who could actually use that time to improve shipment throughput.   

Thanks for your patience as we work through a very large backlog of orders.

Gerald

Dave k5rox copy and paste
  • Gary L. Robinson
    Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I'm starting to get a little excited.  My local buddy got his invoice for his new 6400 today (02-21-2018) via email and already paid for it.  His order date was 08-21-2017.  My order  date was 09-28-2017 so it may not be too far away ...
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I received my invoice via email today 02/21/2018, its now paid for so we will see how long it takes. I am not in a hurry, I am a little worried about the licensing. I hope and pray it just works I can not start messing with my network because I own a business and can not risk messing it up and having the server off line it houses our inventory control system for our stores. 

Wish me luck!

I decided to keep the 6300, I have a friend that likes Flex andhe is still using a 3000. I am going to offer him to use it (not buy it) with the agreement if mine has to go into the shop I will use it while my 6400 is gone. 
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited February 2018
    I got my invoice on the 19th & paid it same day. I’m only a couple hours drive from Austin so opted to pick up in person rather than have it shipped. Perhaps Flex will feel generous & give me a shirt for saving them the shipping cost. ( I already have a hat). Waiting now for the notice to come get it!
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    You didnt save them the shipping cost since shipping was only free on the prereservation deposit not on the shipping of the unit as Tim explained in the past.
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited February 2018
    Perhaps - but after making a $500 deposit then being so very patient, I think a little "customer Good Will" would be in order.  $5000 orders don't just fall in your lap like Manna from heaven. A complimentary shirt (like the competitor was offering) would be a nice gesture, IMO
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I received my invoice yesterday 02/21/2018, I paid them via credit card and when I looked at my email tonight I find a shipping notification. It says it will be here Tuesday. I ordered the 6400 Just thought I would pass that along. Sorry I do not remember when I ordered it, I know it was last year haha.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.