Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No DAX

ON5AM
ON5AM Member ✭✭
edited April 2018 in New Ideas
Hello
I have a big problem at startup. This window appears when windows 7 is started. I reinstalled SMART-SDR latest version.
Can you help me.
thanks
I have a another capture

Comments

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I cant help you as my knowledge of Windows 7 has faded away.. I have found that with Windows 10, life is so much easier when it comes to drivers and functionality. I was not a windows 10 fan at first, and had windows XP on a older laptop,,, but after upgrading my older laptop to windows 10, When It Was Free, turned out better than expected.. 

My computer was Faster, Crashed Seldom, my antivirus worked better then expected and drivers loaded flawlessly! ,,, I have seen across many different forums, Kenwood, Yaesu, Icom, Elad etc. etc, that developers will claim backwards compatibility,, but so many folks with issues do claim, that after upgrading to a Windows 10 computer, problems went away, life became a whole lot better... 

Your issue may not be related to this,, but as users migrate away from these no longer supported operating system,, companies like Flex will not focus resources on how to make an update be 100% backwards compatible to an obsolete operating system...  

I hope you get your problem fixed,, 

Robert

• ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Robert,

I also think about this solution which is good too.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    It is possible that Windows has assigned the Windows Default sound card to one of the DAX devices.  If this has happened, it is just a matter of changing the default sound card back to the actual sound card and then DAX should work fine.

It has been a while since I did this on Windows 7, but I think it is similar to Windows 10.  Just right click on the Speaker Icon on the Task Bar (near the clock) and then click Playback devices.  Locate the built in sound card (usually AC97 or Realtek, or something like that...definitely not anything that says DAX).  Right click on that selection and click on Set As Default Device.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    You need a new version of WSJT-X with latest HamLib if you are running SSDR V2

• ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thank you Eric for these explanations but it's already done, I have assigned the RX1 as default.
    Rich, I know but I have the last version of WSJT-X r3
    I formatted  Smart-SDR and Flex-VSP and I put the new Smart-SDR V1.11.12, reboot the PC and ... the same capture !
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    OK well sounds like you are on top of that then. Just looked like error I got when using the old HamLib.   Carry on :)

Rich

• Eric-KE5DTO
    edited February 2018
    Are you saying that the problem is resolved or that you are still having the same problem?  If the latter, make sure that your playback devices look something like this screenshot:

The important bit is that the DAX Devices are NOT set as a Default Device.  This will cause Windows to take hold of the device and will present a problem when launching DAX (causing the dialog you showed).
  • ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have a windows
    special, I set the right dax devices as default and this seems to work well then I rebote the PC and everything comes back with a problem of Dax. Pfff...
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited February 2018
    Make sure that you aren't choosing the DAX RESERVED devices in the 3rd party program.
  • ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I put the good DAX Devices as Default and when I reboot the PC and I have the same window again.
    I think I have a special windows
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    The latest released version of WSJT-X is NOT 1.8 -rc3. I suggest that you visit Joe Taylor's web site:

http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html

and download version 1.8 which is the released version. -rc3 is a beta version intended for testing only. This may or may not help with your non-DAX problems.

Ed, K0KC
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Albert - I see two problems. DAX is throwing an error and CAT is too.

I suspect there is a DAX driver that is not installed correctly and the CAT issue could be something else like the port not defined.

If you don't make any progress, open a HelpDEsk ticket and request a remote access session to resolve the DAX issue.
  • ON5AM
    ON5AM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thank you Tim. 

Tomorrow I will look again and if it does not work I will open a helpdesk ticket.

Thanks for the help everyone

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.