Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Cycle through filters on "M" radio? And a couple other questions....

Rich McCabe
Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
This might be a faulty radio as I appear to have other issues (audio related) on a radio I took delivery on this morning. But thought I would ask to make sure I am not doing something wrong.

It is my understanding a short press should cycle through the filters?  A long process does seem to work by changing the filter mode. However a short press does nothing. Actually its impossible to press without getting the filter width message on the screen to adjust.

I have seen that filter width box pop up without even touching the radio so it makes me thing something is wrong.

Even if it was working is it supposed to cycle through 8 filters and come back around?  No way to go down or up?  If this is the case having a knob push function has little value as its easier to go into the menu and changing it.  It also appears there is no tuning intelligence where it ramps up the speed when you spin the knob faster like several other rigs I have owned?  So basically its a fixed step?

And finally, do I have to select a software version every time I start the radio?

Thanks,

Rich
kd0zv

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    From your previous post, this issue looks to be hardware related and is being addressed via the HelpDesk

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.