Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Enjoying my new 6600M I ordered at Dayton Ohio.

Going from a FLEX 5000 to a 6600M is a jump.  Great radio.  Click on the link in the middle to get more photos.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMg9r8EARQQhguH0fLT5HiU1MyVMuQrxldB8DmYCMwGKHpX1r_FY20lftuRZN_7Lw?key=OHd2T3pMd2NoUWxSaUVycEVKa2xnUy1lNWF0SDZ3 image

Comments

• FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Looking good Tommy !!!
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the photos.  
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Congrats and thanks for the pics; I see you have some really nice stuff like the Green Heron and LP-100.  (-:

Awaiting my 6600M that I ordered a month after you ordered yours.

Howard

• James Whiteway
    edited February 2018
    Looks good Tommy. If you can, you really should try connecting an external monitor to your radio. I and a few others are having issues getting that to work. In fact, I am certain I'll have to return my radio as another user here is having to do. Better, if you can to find that out now rather than later.
    Hopefully, ours is not a common issue with the latest shipments
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Does anyone know the problem yet with the display being off 90 degrees?  Could it be cable related?  The IPad device used for display on the M models confused with orientation when the display is sent to the exteral monitor?  Strange problem it seems..  Hope you can get it corrected without having to send the 6600M back.  
  • James Whiteway
    edited February 2018
    Jim, the display used in the M model radios is not an iPad. It is a Windows 10 Tablet PC. I have found a way to use it consistently without the problems I have documented. But, I'm not certain that this is proper, working procedure with a setup like this. I have never used and external monitor with a Tablet PC, so, this may be normal. (other than the radio going blank and no audio etc. if done in what I would think would be normal start up)
      Everything works properly IF the external monitor is powered off, (not is sleep mode) when  you first start the radio. Then, AFTER the radio is booted up and running normally, power on the external monitor. Everything works and consistently. Then, when shutting down, FIRST POWER OFF the external monitor and then power off the radio. doing otherwise, causes all kinds of havoc.
    If you just power down the radio and let the external monitor go into sleep mode, then when you power the radio back up, you'll get the sideways display(if you're lucky) or worse, nothing at all on both displays and no audio.
    So, as I said, I cannot be sure this is normal or not. I do wish some of the Alpha or Beta testers that have an M model would verify if this is normal or not. And if it is, FRS needs to make that clear in the User's Guide.

• Tommy Teague
    Tommy Teague Member
    edited February 2018
    James I use a 4K TV and not a monitor so don't know if this speaks to your problem.  As I was trying to reproduce the issue you're having I did see the FlexRadio Systems logo flip sideways for one second and only the one time but then after the radio gets to the LOADING screen all is well and it looks like it should.  To make it happen I had to leave the TV on as I was turning on the radio.  I never had seen it before because maybe because I was not looking.  I also normally turn on the radio first then the TV.  Don't know if this helps you.  https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMg9r8EARQQhguH0fLT5HiU1MyVMuQrxldB8DmYCMwGKHpX1r_FY20lftuRZN_7...
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Them is the radio looking for the monitor at startup?
  • James Whiteway
    edited February 2018
    So strange! I just rebooted to test your setup, with my external monitor and just like you said, when the radio first boots up, the display, on the Monitor (blank on the radio's monitor....tablet display) is sideways for a moment, then it rights itself and everything, including the display on the radio goes to Landscape mode like it should and all is well ! (I didn't turn the monitor completely off this time, just let it go to Sleep Mode and then rebooted)
    Maybe, it is the Persistence Database doing this as it loads up the Tablet display and external monitor info. Maybe it's AI and it learning!!! Either way, it seems to be working fine. I'll be gone most of the week, and Friday evening, I will start things back up. I'll leave everything off, except the monitor I'll leave in Sleep Mode. If it comes up like it just did, I would think there's no issue except the radio takes time to learn and remember initial settings for the display.
    New radio, new challenges!
     james
    WD5GWY

• James Whiteway
    edited February 2018
    Bill, that is what I think it is doing once it finally knows there is a external monitor attached the first time.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Bill - boot the radio without the HDMI cable connected.  Then connect the cable once the radio has booted up and the display is oriented correctly.  This is an issue we know about and are working to resolve.  This is the workaround for now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.