Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Warranty transfer problem, not good business.

N3NER
N3NER Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have been a LONG time supporter of Flex (many many years) and I have had just about every radio they made.  I recently had a problem with a warranty transfer with a good friend of mine.   I'll keep this short...  I was in the market for a new 6600M and my good friend received his last week and he decided not to keep it (for his own reasons). I took the opportunity to take it off his hands and in doing so saved Flex the cost and trouble of taking it back under their 30 day satisfaction guarantee. I gave him the money he paid for it and made it mine.  So, I'm very happy with it, love the radio (as if I was not going to) so my friend started to communicate with Flex to get the transfer of the warranty completed.  So you would think this transfer would be free seeing it was SO new (only a week old) or at a substantially reduced rate (As I do understand paperwork is not free).  Keeping in mind I myself saved Flex the cost of taking this radio back and not being able to sell it as new as well not to mention my friend is also going to purchase a new 6400 from Flex.  In spite of all this, they charged him the standard $90 to transfer the warranty to my name.  Now some may think this is okay and it may not bother them.  However, with Flex knowing who it was going to (me) and how much I have spent on radios along with my friend showing interest in purchasing another radio (6400) from them this cost would be waived.   This is not good business or customer appreciation.  I'm stating this because he's a good friend of mine and with all the details surrounding this, this was not the correct thing to do. 

Comments

• John Kludt
    John Kludt Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Okay, I get it you are upset.  What is the positive outcome you hoped to achieve with this post?
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    If you have to ask, you don't get it.
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited March 2018
    Wonder cause you had to pay if you get the 30 day return to them at this point? I think they could have waved the fee. That is crazy. 

Jay
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    "You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar"
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    What the **** does this have to do with anything?
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Please advise where on the site the 30-day satisfaction guarantee is found.  I can't find it.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Can you read???  As I said, "This is not good business or customer appreciation."  If flex does not want to make this right, then it's their call.   I did not spend the money, my friend did and I expected more from flex with long time customers. 
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    Your missing the point, It would cost Flex more money for him to return it now it becomes a used peace of equipment. "cant sell as new" Then the price of transfer. 

Thats the point. It's not about who you are. 

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Check here, its in the middle of the page under returns..  http://cart.flexradio.com/Terms-and-Conditions_ep_2-1.html
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I do not think he is missing the point but rather is right on target.  Others would be **** if a special change was made.  Additionally, the new owner gets a 6600M now instead of waiting in line for several weeks/months.  You can't have your cake and eat it too in this case.  If you do not like the result have your friend take the radio back and return it to Flex and you can go on the waiting list.  Maybe you would like Flex to make a exception for you and move you up the waiting list.  Play by the rules like everyone else.  Your not doing Flex a favor your doing one for yourself.
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited February 2018
    Your missing the point. None of you get it. How would you like to buy a new used care. And what makes you think whom ever isn't already on the list. It has nothing to do with it. 

Follow the bouncing ball. Or can you not do that? 
  • Charlie
    Charlie Member
    edited February 2018
    Really, I read your post:  Your friend ordered radio, did not want it, you paid him, you want warranty transferred free of charge.  FLEX sucks because they will not do this and want to charge you the required warranty fee. You feel slighted because you are long time customer and would save them the return fee,re- stockage cost, etc. etc.

Now.  If they waive the rule for you they get sued by everyone who does not get the rule waived. I would be the first in line to start the class action suit for all those who are waiting on radios and do not have them yet or anyone who has ever paid a warranty transfer fee.  Again seek a cure for your rectioptilitus, it gives one a very dark outlook on life.
  • Paul M
    Paul M Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I get it, you do not like the policy and if it was your company you would have done it differently.  I had hundreds of these calls and emails when I owned an electronics company.  I was not as nice as Gerald because I told them all 'Write the Check, once it clears you can do what you want'.  

It is their policy and it is delineated.  If you have a problem with Flex give them a call.  I have had a number of issues in the past and all work were worked out equitably.  They are more than reasonable to deal with on any issue.  I put their customer service only second to any of my companies that I have run.

As for who would have taken a New Used radio.  Assuming the warranty started when  receive by the new owner, my bet is the line is long, starting behind me! 

Paul -W4PGM
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    One would think you would have paid the transfer fee (for your GOOD FRIEND)  and been happy to get a radio out of sequence.  73's
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I don't understand, why air your complaint here, were none of us can help you. I recommend you take your concerns to Flex.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.