Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

fldigi + 6600M - hamlib?

David Orman
David Orman Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
Has anybody gotten fldigi working with the new 6400/6600 series using hamlib vs. rigcat? I see there's a Flex 6xxx option in Hamlib, but haven't had success using it. Before I go download xmls and work on the rigcat setup, I thought I'd check here.

If rigcat is the 'better' way, I'll just do this - I've only used hamlib in the past, so default to trying to use it first. I did see a rigcat tutorial on a blog post from late last year that I will attempt to follow if that's the better route to take, Hamlib just seemed more integrated/easier to configure, assuming it works.

Answers

• David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    David -

Look here, it may help: https://sourceforge.net/p/hamlib/mailman/message/36167703/.

73 - David, AG4F
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    RigCat has more functionality than Hamlib.  And as an added bonus, it works regardless of the FLEX-6000 model.
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Tim -

Any idea if OmniRig will work with the Flex 6400/6600?  I have used that from within Excel to have spreadsheets control rigs.  It's very easy to use as a referenced library in VBA.  It's slower tham Hamlib, but it's also much easier to use for casual stuff.

73 - David, AG4F
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Has a new RigCat XML Slice file been written to work with 6400/6600? In Fldigi split mode my 6400 TX goes to receive slice even with slice B locked on TX?  Tried XML Slice A & B to no avail. Please advise. Thanks,
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Omnirig will work fine. Dave wo2x
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Yes, FLDigi needs to update Hamlib to support the new radios. Good news is as Tim said, uae RigCat. Dave wo2x
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    The RigCat files work with all FLEX-6000s.

How are you enabling split in Fldigi?
  • Dan KG0AQ
    Dan KG0AQ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I am not configuring split in Fldigi. However, I think I solved my problem by disabling the auto switch tx slice on the smartcat serial port for Fldigi. Is there a better way? 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    OK.  Enabling "split" in a digital mode programs means something very different than working split.  There is a very specific set of CAT commands that put the radio into "split mode" and when it that mode, it processes CAT commands specifically for VFO A and FVFO B very differently.  That is why I was asking since I was not aware that Fldigi has a "split" mode of operation.
  • Larry Davis
    Larry Davis Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    i run the 6700 same software for 6600  and 6400 put the b  vfo on dx station then use a to tx it,s easy to split rtty

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.