Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Quadra connection to Flex 6300

Larry
Larry Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
can someone help me understand how I might connect my yaseu vl 1000 quadra amplifier to the flex 6300 so that it provides band change and frequency information. I use HRD software.

Answers

• Paul W5PF
    Paul W5PF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I use the 6500 and the Yaesu Quadra. I use DDutil to provide band data to the amplifier wih no problems.

Paul W5PF
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Larry,

Here is a document I wrote on doing what you are asking.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20979885/Quadra%20to%20a%20Flex%206500.pdf

Jon...kf2e
  • LarryF
    LarryF Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi Larry,

If you follow Jon - kf2e post, all will be good.  I have done the same and works great.  Any Questions just give me a shout and I'm sure Jon will help also.

Larry - ke2yc
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I use DDUtil with an FL-7000, setup using the kf2e post, and it works great. I have my laptop in a dock, which has s parallel port. Larry, W1IZZ
  • Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Larry,

I ordered the ACC USB-Serial cable from Flex Radio Store to interface my 6500 to the QUADRA VL-1000 Amplifier, but need to wire it to the 8 pin din connector.  Your pdf file is  no longer available.  Has there been an update?

Bill, NE1B
  • John Culliton
    John Culliton Member
    edited February 2018
    You can wire the 4 band wires plus ground by the din picture in the Quadra manual but be sure you have the newer manual as there was a pin number mistake in the old manual. Setup is in the radio usb tab. No third party program needed.
  • Jeff W7NEE
    Jeff W7NEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I would be interested in thispdf file as well.... I also plan to interface my flex with the 6600. I have used a Flex 5000 and Quadra together with DDutil for the past 8 years... but would be interested into see your Document Jon.
  • Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hi John,

Which cable did you use?  Was it a mouser cable or Flex cable?  Is there a part #?

Bill
  • WF7B
    WF7B Member
    edited February 2018
    An Amazon cable FTDI C232HM-DDHSL-0, that was linked in another thread. Plugs into the back of the radio and wired to the din plug on the amp.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.